Sir I am working with a construction company.. Company is the vendor of reliance, airtel, tata...into blowing and trenching is underground wiring work...
Sir my question is which statuary compliance should be applied here...I m confused either factory act or shop and establishment act should be applied here...
Plz sir do reply ASAP

From India, Siuri
Your post is not clear to me. I infer that the principals mentioned are Telecom Companies.Whether the " underground wiring" is to be done within any existing structure like a building or under any open stretch of land connecting different points of use? Whatever it is, in the first place, you have to comply with the provisions of the Contract Labour(R&A) Act,1970, as a contractor if you are employing 20 or more contract labour in the work of every principal mentioned.
Secondly, the people employed in your administrative office only will come under the purview of the State's Shops & Estt Act.

From India, Salem
Thanks sir for your guidenc and support.
Sir my company is into optical fiber network..(telecom field).I am confused whether BOCW Act or shop &establishment should we follow.currently we handle five project at five different place of two different telecom companies I.e. Airtel and reliance.. And in every project we hired 15-20 blue collar employees and 3-5 white collar employees. sir in some project there is less than 20 employees and in some others more than 20 employees are in that case will we follow contract Labour Act or not.
Sir one more thing as you mentioned that in administrative office we have to follow state shop and establishment act.Then sir where we follow BOCW Act..Sir I got confused.plz guide me..

From India, Siuri
Hi RP,
Your organization's nature of business as can be inferred is of wiring, cabling by digging , civil and related activities. If so, your company is well under State Shops and Establishments Act.There are other Acts and Rules applicable, you can not stop at this point only. It would bring clarity, if AGREEMENT WITH YOUR PRINCPALS are referred. Your are not doing any Building construtction activity , which I presume at this point of time , and if we read Act as name of Act is Building............... Therefore, you revisit agreement and can repost with specific query again.
You can write / call again for final response to your query.
RDS Yadav
Future Instt of Engg and Management Technology,
Labour Law Adviser

From India, Delhi
Yes, Ranjan Pari, you have to follow the provisins of BOCW Act also in addition to other applicable Acts w.r to the nature of activity, mode of employment of labour and place of employment.
From India, Salem
Hello Sir
First of all thanks a lot to reply my queries.Sir as per the conversation I got to know that I have to follow BOCW,Labour Act & Shop & Establishment Act.Sir after getting know about all these Acts I have gone through with deep analysis to all these acts and relate them with my company profile then I got most of the answer of my question ..Sir still some questions are running in my mind but as of now I don't want to ask any questions because I believe before raising any more questions I should go through all these acts once again to make my concept more clear.
Thanx sir for your support & guidance
Pari Ranjan

From India, Siuri

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server