Industrial Relations
Educator, Management Consultant & Trainer
[email protected]
Retired Government Servant/advocate
Insolvency N Gst Professional
+1 Other

Hi, one our Co Employee need a leLTDtter that he is not entitle for LTC as he is working in PVT LTD Co, Can some one Please send me the letter format as how to write, Urgent
From India, Jalalpur
Dear Dhvani
Hope your company has issued him with an offer of employment while selecting him and appointment order. What it speaks about the LTC Clause. If you give any letter for such non-entitlement, then there are chances of getting trapped.
Ask question to the employee, what is the purpose of such letter. If he ask for such positive letter, then there may be chances for applying for loan or any other benefits. With this letter, can you assure that he will not approach any court for not treating him at par with other employees who are entitled for LTC.
Even while issuing letter for address proof, please do mention the purpose of issue of the address proof letter. i.e., "This proof of address is issued as per the request from employee for obtaining mobile connection and it is not valid for any other purpose.", so that it also cannot be misused.

From India, Kumbakonam
Please mention the reason for issue of this certificate stating that "As requested by the employee this certificate is used only for claiming LTC by his spouse" or any suitable wordings you may think fit.
From India, Kumbakonam
The purpose for which non entitled for LTC certificate is unclear.
Spouse is entitled for LTC and her dependants are also entitled for LTC.
Husband working in a private limited company whether he gets LTC or not should not affect the Lady whois government employee who can claim LTC for husband also(As long as he is not a Government servant)
Ask the employee to clarify or show the government rule which stops the wife from claiming LTC for husband just because he may be eligible for private company LTC.

From India, Pune
The salary certificate or any such requirements at employees ends are to be dealt with due diligence. When employees get monthly salary slips, mention of specific heads are already therein slip,this requirement of his spouse for his wife's LTC has no iota of truth . For address, adhar card,bank pass book, driving license, electricity bill are available proofs why you want Salary break up to sign? It is not required ,can trouble you instead.
RDS Yadav
Labour Law Asviser
Director-Future Instt.of Engg and Management Technology

From India, Delhi
LTC facilities to Central Government employees are governed by CCS(LTC)Rules, 1988. In this context, Government of India Decision No. 18 below Rule 7 could provide the guidance:

"(18) LTC when both husband and wife are Government servants and are residing together.

"According to the definition of family as given under rule 4, which is applicable, in travel inter alia, for the purpose of admissibility of LTC, the family of a Government servant includes wife or husband, as the case may be, residing with the Government servant and children residing with and wholly dependent upon the Govt. servant. In addition, it includes the parents, sisters and minor brothers, if residing with and wholly dependent upon the Government servant.

"According to the existing position where both husband and wife are Govt. servants and are residing together, they constitute one family unit for the purpose of LTC and only one of them can claim this concession and the other spouse travels as a member of his/her family. In such a case, the Govt. servants are required to make a joint declaration of a common hometown, which can be the hometown of either of the spouses or a third place. Therefore, the spouse who avails the LTC as member of family of the other could not claim the benefit separately for his/her own parents or dependent minor brothers and sisters even if they were residing with him/her. On the other hand, where a couple, both being Govt. servants, are residing separately can claim the benefit of LTC individually for their dependent parents, minor brothers and sisters and also declare two separate places as their respective hometowns. Therefore, the husband and wife when both are Govt. employees and are staying together suffer from certain disadvantages inasmuch as they have to declare common hometown and only one of them can claim the benefit of LTC. The matter has been considered in consultation with Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure) and it has been decided that where husband and wife both are Govt. servants, they could, at their option, choose to declare separate hometown and both of them may claim the concession separately under the normal provisions of CCS (LTC) Rules in respect of the members of their respective families subject to the condition that if husband or wife avails the facility as a member of the family of the other, he or she will not be entitled for claiming the concession for self independently. Similarly, the children shall be eligible for the benefit in one particular block as members of the family of one of the parents only. All other conditions for admissibility of the LTC shall continue to be applicable as per normal provisions of the scheme.

"The above decision will be applicable to the journeys performed for availing the LTC against the block years 1990-91 onwards."

(DOPT OM No. 31011/8/89-Est.(A), dated 8.5.1990)

Obviously, the wife need not provide any such certificate from the husband's employer; it would be sufficient if she certifies that her husband is not in Government service. The certificate appended to the standard form LTC Bill (TR 25 or GAR 14C) as below:


1. The information as given above is true to the best of my knowledge and belief;

2. That my husband/wife is not employed in Government service/that my husband/wife is employed in Government service and the concession has not been availed of by him/her separately for himself/herself or for any of the family members for the concerned block of years……………to……………………….

3. That my husband/wife for whom LTC is claimed by me is employed in………..(name of the Public Sector Undertaking/Corporation/Autonomous Body. Etc.), which provides Leave Travel Concession facilities but he/she has not preferred and will not prefer, any claim in this behalf to his/her employer; and

4. That my husband/wife for whom LTC is claimed by me is not employed in any Public Sector Undertaking/Corporation/Autonomous Body. Financed wholly or partly by the Central Government or a Local Body, which provides Leave Travel Concession facilities to its employees and their families.

Date……….. Signature of Government servant"

Clearly, the office is overreaching.

From India, Kochi
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™