Good Day everyone, Can anyone please explain how much Tax will be deducted on an annual Salary of Rs. 600000, Would appreciate it if you can help me with the breakup and formula's. (No PF deductions)
From India, Mumbai

If your annual income from all sources is Rs600000,the tax can be worked out by seeing this tax slabs
For Men Below 60 Years Of Age
Income Tax Slab Income Tax Rate
Income upto Rs. 2,50,000 Nil
Income between Rs. 2,50,001 - Rs. 500,000 --10% of Income exceeding Rs. 2,50,000
Income between Rs. 500,001 - Rs. 10,00,000 20% of income exceeding 500000
first 250000 nil tax,next 250000 10% tax RS25000
last Rs100000 20% tax (Rs20000)
total tax Rs45000.
But you need to add interest on SB a/c and take deductions into a/c.

From India, Pune
If your Rs.6.00 L annual income(salary) is the gross, you should provide the follg. details:
1.Is this for 2015-16 or for earlier period ?
2.HRA received as a part of salary and House Rent paid for the full year (1.4.15 to 31.3.16)
3.Does it include any perks other than basic, DA, regular allw. If yes indicate details
4.Any other incomes like dividends, int.on investments like bank FDs, SB A/cs.
Also indicate your savings like -
1.Premium paid towards LIC, medical insurance, NSC, Mutual funds, 5 FDs, Infra.bonds
2.Children Education - tuition fees
3.Any house building loans taken from banks, EMI refunded with break-up towards principal and interest (to be supported by bank certificate)
4.Medical exp./premium incurred on self, family, dependent parents & handicapped.
5.Contribution towards PPF and other pension funds.
6.TDS & advance tax remitted/recovered by your office so far, if not you are liable for some int.on delay.

From India, Bangalore
You can use this IT Dept. link for calculating your tax liability yourself:
Income and Tax Calculator

From India, Bangalore
You need to give the details of your salary, break up headwise like basic, house rent etc. and the house rent you are paying and school going children as well as the details of your savings made under section 80C and 80d for making ther calculations.
From India, New Delhi
Hello All,
I need a guidance. I am working in a startup company in Delhi, which recently registered (three months back) itself and till date not generating any revenue. Company is in investment phase now. We are 15 employees, whose salary ranges from 10k to 75k monthly.
There is no PF registration, hence no PF deduction.
My question is should we deduct Tax from the salary of employee who falls into tax bracket.
How should i design employee salary breakup-to minimize tax burden.
should we deduct professional tax too.
Thank you for your valuable advice.

From India, Mumbai
IT as TDS is deductible from all those employees whose income comes to taxable bracket. For this you should estimate the annual taxable now itself and deduct TDS proportionately and remit to govt. a/c using relevant challans. It could be done thru' ONLINE mode also or by cheque payment thru' banks. Use the portals cited elsewhere in this post for estimating. However it's unlikely that many of you would escape for the current year due to the fact that salary is only for a fewer months during the current year which ends by 31.3.16. I believe your co. should have already obtained the PAN/TAN No. without which you cannot remit the TDS.

From the Co. point of view since there has been no revenue so far there won't be IT & advance tax in respect of the Co. (What do you mean by 'Revenue' ? is't cash inflow or invoicing. If you have already raised invoices then it should be accounted as "Income" which should form part of your Profit & Loss A/c. to arrive at taxable income, pl.check this.) If there is profit there won't be much of IT. So nothing to worry for the current year. Consult your Auditors for all these aspects before you should relax.

Reg.PF - since you are already 15 employees you should register with EPFO immediately and recover PF from employees covered and remit together with co's contribution. How about ESI ? examine this also.

Reg. PT. in Delhi PT is not in vogue. Check this aspect and get it confirmed from your ACTO/VAT officer.

From India, Bangalore

You can think of Professional Tax:

The first step is to get registered as a ‘payee’ of professional tax in the local Professional Tax Office under the respective State’s Act. This is mandatory for all individuals, persons and bodies who are liable to pay professional tax.

As to calculation and payment of these taxes through prescribed forms and methods, you have to do it yourself. Your calculation and payment has to be audited and certified by a Chartered Accountant.

When it comes to employees however, it is the duty of the employer to deduct Professional Tax. That is, apart from paying professional tax for its own activities, every employer has to calculate, deduct and pay the professional tax on the salaries paid to employees.

Professional tax, like Income Tax, follows an slab rate method (based on how much you earn) to ensure taxes are levied equitably.

Regarding Provident Fund:

If there are 20+ permanent employees in your company, then you should start working on PF deduction. Else with less than 20 employees you can do it voluntarily but it is not mandatory.

Hope this helps you to get your answer.

From India, Bhubaneswar

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Com™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server