Dear Mr. __________,
We are pleased to appoint you as ____________ Consultant on retainer ship basis in our organization on the following terms and conditions.
1. Your consultancy period shall be for a period of Twenty four months, beginning from 13th November 2007, which can be extended further or terminated earlier with Two Month notice on either side, without assigning any reason.
2. You will be paid certain percentage (Will differ from project to project) of the Project Cost, successfully deployed with the client.
3.Your present place of work will be at __________, but during the course of the above assignment, you shall be liable to be posted / transferred anywhere to serve any of the Company's Projects or any other establishment in India or outside, at the sole discretion of the Management.
4. This appointment and your continuance as consultant are subject to your having been found medically (physically and mentally) fit by the authorized Medical Practitioner.
5. You will not (except in the normal course of the Company's business) publish any article or statement, deliver any lecture or broadcast or make any communication to the press, including magazine publication relating to the Company's products or to any matter with which the Company may be concerned, unless you have previously applied to and obtained the written permission from the Company.
6. You will be required to maintain utmost secrecy in respect of Project documents, commercial offer, design documents, Project cost & Estimation, Technology, Software packages license, company’s polices, Company’s patterns & Trade Mark and company’s Human assets profile.
7. You will be required to comply with all such rules and regulations as the Company may frame from time to time.
8. Any of our technical or other important information which might come into your possession during the continuance of your assignment with us shall not be disclosed, divulged or made public by you even thereafter.
9. If at any time in our opinion, which is final in this matter you are found non- performer or guilty of fraud, dishonest, disobedience, disorderly behavior, negligence, indiscipline, absence from duty without permission or any other conduct considered by us deterrent to our interest or of violation of one or more terms of this letter, your services may be terminated without notice and on account of reason of any of the acts or omission the company shall be entitled to recover the damages from you.
10. You will not accept any present, commission or any sort of gratification in cash or kind from any person, party or firm or Company having dealing with the company and if you are offered any, you should immediately report the same to the Management.
11. You will be responsible for safekeeping and return in good condition and order of all Company property, which may be in your use, custody or charge.
If you accept the terms and conditions above mentioned, please sign the declaration in the duplicate and return to us. The original shall be retained by you.
We welcome you to The _______ family and look forward to a fruitful collaboration.
With best wishes,
For Company Name.
I agree to accept consultancy on the terms and conditions above mentioned. The original of this letter is in my possession.
Place : _______________ Name: _____________
Date : _______________ Sign: ____________
24th February 2010 From India, New Delhi
October 31 2006
Dear <First name >
With reference to the discussions you have had with us, we are pleased to appoint you as _______ for our Group companies on the following terms and conditions:
1. You will be paid a consolidated amount of Rs._______ (Rupees _______only) per annum.
2. The above consolidated amount will consist of the following:
a) Rs. _________ per annum as fixed pay, and
b) Rs. _________ per annum as variable pay which is linked to your performance and that of the company.
3. This appointment is for a period of two years effective date of your joining and may be renewed on a mutual basis. This arrangement is with effect from _______ and will be valid for a period of _______years/s.
4. In this capacity, you will be located at ____ and will report to _______ or any other person nominated by the company. However, your services could be transferred to any other Departments/Divisions of the Company. Notwithstanding your appointment in this company, your services could be reassigned to any other company of the (Organization Name) Group.
5. You may also be assigned such other duties as may become nec(Organization Name)y at the discretion of the Management in any Branch or office of the Company and/ or its Subsidiaries or Associate Companies.
6. You will be eligible for 18 days leave pro-rated per calendar year. However, leave will be allowed subject to exigencies of work.
7. You will be provided comprehensive Accident/ Medical Health Insurance for your and your spouse.
8. It is clarified that in addition to the above, you will not be entitled to any other benefits.
9. This appointment can be terminated by giving three-month notice on either side or payment in lieu of shortfall in this notice period.
10. You shall observe all rules and regulations of the company.
11. During the tenure of the assignment with the company, you will not engage yourself in any other assignments or gainful employment without consent of the
12. You are required to maintain the highest order of secrecy with regards to the work or confidential information of the Company and/ or its subsidiaries or Associate Companies and in case of any breach of trust, your appointment may be terminated by the Company without any notice.
13. The Company lays emphasis on all statutory compliances and your should ensure compliance with various statues in your area of operations.
Kindly sign a copy of this letter in acceptance of the above mentioned terms and conditions and return the same for our records.
<Name of Business Head>
20th August 2012 From India, Madras
i have a query regarding candidate who works in consultant role . in my company we appointed candidates as a consultant role and deputed to other countries . what type of appointment letter i have to give , can anyone please provide me appointment letter with compensation & benefits.
27th July 2015 From India, Chennai
Here is a link of an article that discusses the benefits of hiring a consultant and knowing which employees would be eligible to be consultants as per the guidelines laid down by the Labour department.
The article also has downloadable contract template which you can use .
Here is the link - Hiring a Consultant v/s an Employee: What You Need to Know
2nd June 2016 From India, Mumbai
#Anonymousdear valuable members,
I want to hire pf consultant for the below purpose, please give provide me the format of appointment / Work order.
'Minimum Wages' updations
Guidance in drafting letters and notices related to employee
10th June 2017 From India, Mumbai