Dinesh Divekar
Business Mentor, Consultant And Trainer
Allan Fernandes
Vp - Quikchex Hr And Payroll Software And
+2 Others

I am working at one of the company XYZ. I thought initially that it was a very good company, but it proved to be a night mare. I hereby illustrate the reasons.
1) Weekly once we need to stay for a night support. The timings are 10AM - 5AM and we need to come back to the company by 3PM after working for 19 hours continuously.
Example: If i come to office 10AM on Monday, i need to leave office on Tuesday 5AM and come back to office by 3 PM on the same day and need to work for minimum of 4 hours. WEEKLY ONCE WE NEED TO COME IN THIS WAY.
2) They told us that every saturday will be a holiday, but hardly we didn't get any holidays, nor even with public holidays like republic day was also a working day for us. And indeed they will never compensate those holidays.

I cant resign from the company as i have signed a service agreement for 3 years. Nor i don't have the capacity to break that agreement.
In short i can say that we don't have any respect in that company, they don't treat us like humans.
Is there any way out for this or i need to sit quiet and proceed with this for 3 years. Please help me.

From India, Hyderabad
Dear friend,
I recommend you contacting the Labour Officer of your area and give a written complaint. Please carry with you proof of your employment plus material evidence whichever you can about long working hours etc.
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Hi Dinesh
Bonded labour, in essence, is outlawed as per the Bonded Labour System (abolition) Act, 1976. This means there can be no valid contract that compels employees to stick for a particular tenure in the company.
We recently covered an entire article that goes over this subject. You can read it in the link below.
Employment Bonds - Do they really work? | Bond Contracts

From India, Mumbai
Hi Kamesh,
All you can do is just try to reach the Labor officer and put forth your queries, if possible try to get your attendance details and take it to the concerned department. Now a days labor department is very strict on employers. you also carry your offer letter issued to to which contains all the details about the companies terms and conditions. Apart from that there is no other way since you have signed a bond for three years.

From India, Bangalore
all above mentioned things are breach of law you can complaint in labor dept. about these all. labor department will break your agreement as bounding an employee is against act.
From India
You have stated in your mail & I quote,
"I cant resign from the company as i have signed a service agreement for 3 years. Nor i don't have the capacity to break that agreement."
Now what is the meaning of the second sentence in this para?? What do you mean by no capacity to break? Is it because you have signed the agreement for 3 years that you have apprehensions about?
If so do not worry; go ahead and resign. An agreement without consideration is void.
As regards approaching the Labour Officer, abolition of bonded labour etc, other seniors have advised you already. I need not repeat the same.

From India, Pune
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™