Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
AnonymousNeither I have interviewed nor been interviewed for this profile, so not answering to the point. Having said that, can give you general idea of how interviews process (assuming that you are new to interview process) Stating it below in the form of how the questions are asked by interviewer:
From India, Mumbai
From India, Mumbai
Start your interview with a warm handshake and greet them by their name.
- Let me understand your candidature so give me a brief idea about yourself, lets start with your family background
- Some education related questions (like institute related, placement related, course related, gaps if any)
- If you are experienced candidate then employment related questions/achievements etc comes second
- Why did you choose (functional area/professional education) for your career
- They might ask you technical questions thereafter (which I think basically is your question, lets see if other seniors answers this)
- What do you know about our company? Have you visited our website (note: its v. imp to visit company website and understand their business in advance)
- What do you know about this job profile?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses (note: match your strengths relevant to the position you have applied and keep weakness totally irrelevant like improvement on handwriting, I am too organised, I am hygiene freak. Something that either seems to small or actual could give good impression otherwise. DON'T FAKE IF YOU ARE TOTTALY opposite. Keep it upto 1 single point and do not include emotions like I am very possessive, I get hurt soon, I don't like when..... etc)
- Have you dealt with any difficult situations successfully?
- What do you do in your free time (do not fake hobbies)
- What is your current CTC
- What is your expected CTC, are you open to negotiation (plan this well and be specific)
- If selected, when can you join us
- Do you have any questions for me? (Do not flatly deny, ask some relevant questions that you may have or atleast ask about growth prospects) (Don't just ask anything for heck of asking)
End your interview again with a warm handshake and tell them it was nice to talk to them, pass on any relevant information before you handshake and leave, like I would be travelling from-to so if incase I am unable to answer call please send me an email I will call you back etc something that might seem difficult for you to connect with them in case if they try connecting with you for further course of action.
TIPS: Do not get frustrated incase if you do not like their grilling, stay calm, be specific and honest, listen to them when they are talking with keen interest and interact based on their information. This will show interest. Dress formally no matter what. Be in time (15 mins in prior, not too early) always keep hardcopy of your CV handy, keep a pen handy (do not borrow!) keep PP photographs ready and 1 legal identity proof with you.