Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear Sneha,

If you are confused about the "ifs and buts" as rightly pointed out by Mr.Nathrao, certainly you can not take an appropriate decision at this crucial juncture. So, try to evaluate the following points:

(1) It is not because of your pregnancy, you decided to leave your present employer but only because of the better offers on your way and in the absence of the new offers, your continuation in the present job would be still more strenuous with your pregnancy as you have to commute a distance of 60k.m every day till your maternity leave and it would lead to a logical conclusion that availing of loss of pay leave for some considerable time either intermittant or continuous is a certainty.

(2)Why the two MNCs decided to hire you, particularly one's unconditional gesture of doing away with the probation? Only because of your exceptional suitability in their perception. So don't be simply carried away by the common perception that Employers are skeptical about hiring pregnant women for obvious reasons. The very questions you have raised in your latter post with a note of melancholy are the answers to them.

In the face of uncertainty in life, we have to be very bold, dispassionate about the outcome and act swiftly as our conscience directs. Remember the proverb " Nobody can give you better advice than yourself ". But better advice comes out of equanimity of mind and clarity of perception.

From India, Salem
Hello Sneha
I do agree that your case is putting you in to dilema. First of all as suggested by UMAKANTHAN53,it is not advisable to go back to present employer and ask for continuation in employment. This shows utter immaturity. Pregnancy can not be kept secret for long period.Hence you have 2 options 1) Inform prospective employer about pregnancy and obtain his consent for joining or 2)Do not inform pregnancy to prospective employer join and go for MTP. This is practical solution, even though it is unethical.Prior to this pl take consent of your family members.
Alternate solution is suggested but finally you have to take call. You may go for SWOT analysis. i.e.Strength,Weakness,Opportunity,Threat. This will facilitate to arrive at decision.

From India, Pune
Dear friend Sneha, I missed this aspect - Are you covered under ESI Act or Maternity Benefit Act. See as to how provisions of these will help you in the circumstances you are placed.
From India, Bangalore
Hi All,
I am also facing the same situation which Sneha had faced but the only difference is I would be joining new employer on 4th month.Curently I have completed 2.5 months of my pregnancy and I was on bench for past 3 months which is the maximum which company allows and now the HR has asked me to reign as I have completed my bench period , so I have informed my current employer about my pregnancy and they agreed for 1 months leave
to complete my first trimester as I have some complications and doctor has advised complete bed rest till my first current employer is almost like 2 hours of travelling and its not possible to continue with my current employer for the whole pregnancy.In the mean while I am about to get the offer from new organisation which is close to my house.Iam on big dilemma that should I tell the new employer about my pregnancy or not ?

From India, Delhi
Sneha could you please confirm what final decision you took as I am also facing the same problem.
From India, Delhi

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™