Regarding Gratuity And Superannuation Amount - CiteHR
Adoni Suguresh
Sr.executive (per & Adm)
Insolvency N Gst Professional
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Dear Seniors,
Please guide me on the process of following:-
1. How do I know my Gratuity and Superannuation amount?
2. What is the process to get that amount if Company is not willing to help me ?
Viveck V Singh

Which department do you work/
Gratuity formula
(Basic Pay +DA) * 15 days * number of years of service/26 days
Gratuity is an end of service entitlement and 5 years continuous service is the minimum requirement ((except in cases of death and disablement)
In all normal cases the company will automatically pay why think that you will not get paid.

Thank you for your reply Sir,
I worked for marketing department for 66 months. Company is not ready to do relieve me and thus not doing my Full n final. I understand that gratuity and superannuation is also in their hand which cannot be withdrawn without their permission/ approval. Kindly guide me the way to get my gratuity and superannuation without Full n Final

If they fail to pay gratuity,you can approach labour commissioner with complaint regarding non payment.
You have resigned but company has not accepted it.
What does your appointment order specify regarding resignation?
Is your resignation in writing or merely verbal?
Who has received your resignation letter?
You will have to write to your employer and ask for relieving letter.
The company will take the argument that you have not been relieved and there fore gratuity has not been paid.

Dear Sir,
My resignation is in writing. but they have not accepted it.
is there any way out to get my gratuity and superannuation without their approval/signature.
for PF i know w can withdraw but gratuity and superannuation ???

Until and unless your resignation is not accepted in writing and in the absence of relieving orders, you are deemed as a employee of the Company. Without relieving orders and physically relieved from the services of the company, then only you are entitled to get the Gratuity, Superannuation and PF.
As regards claiming the gratuity our member Mr.N.Rao has explained very well. Gratuity will be paid to you by the company along with your full and final settlement of account. As regards the superannuation if you are covered under this scheme, , the company will definitely pay you through LIC of India. Because certain amount is deposited with the LIC by your company. Whoever leaves the company the same will be paid subject to settlement norms.
Adoni Suguresh
Labour Laws Consultant

Thank you sir,
It means I would not be able to get my gratuity and superannuation. As they are not ready to clear my fnf and give me reliving letter though I m physically relived from the company.
Very sad situation:(

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™