Dear Seniors,

I was working in an EPC giant in Ahmedabad Gujarat as Sr. Executive HR. They took one month salary deposit through DD before joining in the name of training and retention. They told me that it would be refunded after I complete one year in the organisation. After the first month in the organisation I was expecting my salary which did not happen. Upon asking my reporting manager I was told that I will get it in a couple of days. Upon asking my colleagues I understood that there is salary delay of around 3 months in the company. So in the month of June'15 the salary of April '15 was being paid and that too not of all employees. I was taken aback I was not informed regarding the delay. I took this to my reporting manager to which she accepted the delay but as a favour she told me that I can raise an advance request (advance salary request of the month I had already worked for and was my right). I was also counselled that the F&A team is working very hard to cope up with the delay and that things will be streamlined by July. Same assurance was given to me by head of the F&A team. Months passed by and I had to go through the painstaking process of raising the advance which took almost 10 to complete the process and another week or 10 days for the cheque to be prepared. Finally I had enough of it wanted to seek the end, I went to the concerned F&A head and asked him again the same commitment with a new timeline was given and I started looking for options and found an opportunity and took it.

Now I have my annual dues, my 2 months salary, my pf amount pending with them. Kindly guide as to how I can get that amount back.

From India, Vadodara
Dear Anuja
It seems unimaginable for a company indulging in such dubious practices as taking one month's advance salary from the candidates as security.
Yet you call it an "EPC Giant " !!!
May be that is how they present themselves !!
The only solution is to pursue the matter vigorously and if things do not move, then to inform them that you shall be taking up the matters legally.
Please also mention to them that despite being a a Lady employee, you have been unnecessarily "harassed" and you might consider filing criminal case against them.
Warm regards.

From India, Delhi
Thanks a lot sir for such quick response. They have already sent me a notice to serve the notice period to which I had asked them to deduct my one month salary in lieu of notice and release the pending payment. My question is what is the procedure to challenge them legally?
From India, Vadodara
As per PF Act, your PF dues of a particular month have to be paid to RPFC by the 15th of the following month statutorily. If this is not done, complaint them immediately either by letter or by online complaint and immediate action will be taken by you on PF matters by them.
As per payment of wages act, salary has to be paid by 10th of the following month and if this is not done, complain to the appropriate authorities under the act of your region.
These are serious offences and non-compliance will be dealt in seriously. Therefore, you take up this matter which will also help other employees. But, before doing this, you write them a notice and failing which you will complain to appropriate authorities.

From India, Mumbai

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™