Partner - Risk Management
Assistant Manager Human Resources
Management Coach I Hr Strategist I Career
Software Enginner

I was working with a web development company. The company closed in the end of november and they didnt pay me the sep,oct, and november salary. There was always a salary issue in company. Now i want relieving letter from the employer but he told me first sign a no dues form then i will give you relieving letter.
Please suggest me what should i do. They are not paying and not even giving relieving letter

From India, Delhi
Dear Anuj,
Kindly do not panic and get disheartened because this is not the end of your career. This kind of situation happen and make person strong and mature and there are employer who understand these issues and value person's experience.
Coming to the issue as mentioned by you I believe its a small size company. If you want your salary and documents then you have to be strong and fight for your rights. Write a letter/ mail to the management mentioning that the company has been closed and your three month salary is due on the company. Kindly pay all your dues including relieving and service certificate at the earliest. If they don't revert in a week time then send another reminder mail/letter. Then also they don' revert then consult lawyer and send legal notice to them and knock the door of your District Labour Officer.
Hope all your issues will be resolved.

From India, Bhubaneswar

As you said the company got closed by Nov end, then as physical existence of the company is not there, you need not worry about getting relieving letter. Your new employer will not be in a position to verify your details from ex-employer.

However in case when ex-employer doesn't issue relieving letter, a resignation acceptance letter will serve the purpose of relieving for new employer if it is counter signed by HR/management. But in resignation acceptance letter if it is written that "your resignation will be deemed to be accepted subject to getting clearance from concerned departments", then in that case clearance from all departments or relieving letter will be needed.

Now one thing I am not able to understand that if the company got closed, then whom did you approach for salary and relieving letter? Is it the owner/director of the company?

If its a proprietorship firm, then forget about salary but if it's a partnership firm or private limited company and if you have the proof of attendance of the months you worked there along with appointment letter , then you might send legal notice at the address of the partners/directors asking for salary.

From India, Delhi
Is there even a chance that you will get your money ?
The company has closed. Any attempt at legal action is a further waste of time and money.
So you may as well give him the no dues letter and get your relieving letter that is cortical to you

From India, Mumbai
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™