I was working in NCC ltd. and resigned 6 months ago to pursue post graduation,now i would like to withdraw my pf,the problem being that my Father's name is incorrect in the online UAN portal,i would like to know the procedure to get it corrected.
Also can i get in corrected while withdrawing by attaching a declaration,or do i have to get it corrected first and then apply for the withdrawl..???

From India, Pune
Dear Ankit,
First I would advice you not to withdraw your EPF amount as this is for employees benefit in future or we may say support during Old Age. You may search for EPF benefit and I am sure you will not withdraw after that.
You may get it corrected through your past employer or if you want to withdraw for that your past employer will certify that your actual father name is __ and has wrongly entered in EPF portal as ___ and then you can withdraw your amount.
Once you withdraw your EPF account will automatically close. Hope this clarifies your issues.

From India, Bhubaneswar
Thank you Sir you made it quite clear,just one last doubt,do i need to attach a affidavit regarding the name change or a mere declaration along with id proof will suffice.
And sir regarding the withdrawl I don't want to burden my parents with my expenses as I'm currently studying so i have to withdraw it.

From India, Pune
Dear Ankit,
Mr. Shaikh is right.
If your father's name is correct in the documents provided by you to your company at the time of joining or after that , then its not your fault. It's either Company's fault or PF Authority's fault. In this case you can simply ask the HR department to get it rectified.
And if the name is not correct in the documents provided by you , then you may write a letter to the HR with the required documents ,requesting them for name change. Then the HR will take the matter to PF authority and get it solved.
And without getting the name rectified, you can't withdraw PF.

From India, Delhi
Dear Ankit,
Ask your previous HR to write a letter to EPF authority regarding error in your father name along with the with drawl form and other required documents. I believe you will be able to withdraw the amount.

From India, Bhubaneswar
Along with the PF withdrawal Form No. 19, kindly attach copy of your UAN Card along with a covering letter addressed to PF Commissioner, mentioning the Father's Name wrongly mentioned in the UAN Card and the actual name. (attach copy of document containing correct name of the father) PF Office will do the needful.
From India, Mumbai
Dear Ankit,
Any corrections in the members name or father/husband name is possible by submitting a fresh Form V under EPF Scheme, 1952 through the employer for necessary corrections in the records. This has to be done by your employer and not by any Affidavit. You may withdraw your PF.if you desire by applying in Form 19 and EPS in Form 10C or 10D whichever is applicable.
Adoni Suguresh
Labour Laws Consultant

From India, Bidar

If you are knowledgeable about any other fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server