Assistant Manager Human Resources
Retired Government Servant/advocate
Pm Rathod
Sr. Hr Executive
Insolvency N Gst Professional
+3 Others

Prime Sponsor - FactoHR.com - Payroll Software with GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS. Explore Features
Dear seniors,
i joined in a educational institute few months before.at the time of joining the ask me to handover my original degree certificate for verification(they said they will return it back after verification after one week from my date of joining).i signed in a two years bond just in a A4 sheet (i have to pay my 3 months salary if i resigned my job before 2 years).but after joining i understand the original situation of the firm & they are not paying salary properly & they ask me to work in various departments.so i quit my job after 2 months. before resignation asked for my certificate for doing my PG.but now they refused to give back my certificate.they want me to pay my 3 months salary.but i cant afford that much money(they already hold my one month salary)In the same institute few of my collegues resigned but they paid only one month salary.They are cornering me.plssss help.
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Seniors, pls reply.i m eagarly waiting for your guidance. Madhu
Dear just talk to HR or senior management guys in company, try to convince them you are not able to pay the money.
Tell me bond was on stamp paper or on normal A4 paper? Did you get any appointment letter from the company if yes what are the condition probation period?
For further clarification contact on mentioned below number.
No sir.They dont give any apppointment order to me.i signed in a A4 sheet for 2 yrs Bond.
& there is no HR in that institute.the person who is acting (working) as a HR is behaving rude & he is not ready to listen me.
Dear, do not worry contact with Owner talk to him/her, if they did not listen you just tell them, now you are approaching police and labour officer.
Explain all the situation to Labour Officer & Police.
Sir, i m afraid to go to police station.the law will support me or them ???(They are big personalities) Madhu
Dear, First you need to meet with owner once he/she is convince with you no one hold you certificates.
First Approach Labour Office definitely they will help you. But anyhow this matter is related with police you have approach finally them. Do not scare with anyone be strong & bold.
Dear Madhumathi,
Employment bond is illegal in India and no employer can forcefully employee anyone as this is a violation of fundamental right. But employment term is governed by the employment contract duly signed by employer and employee and it should be based on natural justice.
Employer has no right to hold certificate of employees except for verification. You need to communicate with employer for your certificate in written by speed post with AD or by email. At first you need to be polite and if nothing happens kindly repeat the process with strong words. If still you don't receive you may seek help of your District Labour Officer and may use social media as a tool.
With the interference of DLO, I believe you will get back your certificate and keep us updated.
Dear seniors, some of my friends telling me that,they can sue me back for not serving the notice period.is that true? Madhu
If you are scared of going to the police, then contact a lawyer and file a private complaint against the institute In the court.
Prime Sponsor - Talentedge.com "Interactive Anywhere Learning". Executive courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™