General Manager - Hr & Ir
+2 Others

Is there any statute or guideline which governs hiring of staff as consultants? We need to bring clerical staff for short-term project of 3 months. We do not want to create employer-employee relationship as the staff do not want to enrol under PF.
20th November 2015 From India, Chennai
You can recurit the staff on the roll of any Tems staffing agency. The agency will manage the all legal complicance. Regard Harish Joshi
25th November 2015 From India, Ahmedabad
you can appoint them as consultant on fixed term with fixed rate. 10% I.T. shall attract on the payout
27th November 2015 From India, Lucknow
Hi Vivek, My opinion is as follows:-
As you do not want to establish employee-employer relationship, you can appoint them as consultants for a fixed term against a consolidated payment called Legal & Professional charges. You should pay them legal and professional charges against a bill for the professional services rendered during the month. In the absence of a PAN, tax deducted @ source (TDS) on such legal and professional service charges paid will be double, as per provisions of the Income Tax Act / Rules.
N Ramesh
11th January 2016 From India, Mumbai
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™