Hr Consultant

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear Sir,
myself working in a company since 2007, now company closed it's unit and shifting some other place with new name with new directors.
my question is in that case my gratuity will continue or they discontinued and treat me as a new employee?
kindly guide me with technical clarifcation.

From India, Delhi
Dear Mr. Rao, if the company ceases to be in existence, then where is the question of continuous employment with the same employer ? Your employment period ends on the day the company closes.
If it is shifting to a different location with a new name and directors, it would have been as a result of a sell-off by your existing employer (& take-over by a new company/group) (check it out).
If they offer you a position in the new entity, then they should first settle your account with the old entity before they officially take you on their roll's. Accordingly, they should also pay you the applicable gratuity along with your settlement.

From India, Mumbai
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™