I am working in a company which was not registered and sending salaries from Cheques and Electronic transfers and they have been deducting Tax in such a style i am thinking of quitting my Job for Example since April i earned 2.8Lakhs as salary+ 60000 as incentive and they started deducting TDS of 10,000 from this month with out an explanation and they said they are not going to take declaration from us and they will start deducting TDS on what ever earnings that we get so can you please let me know how i can resolve this (i am getting my payment as transfer its not reflecting as salary anywhere and they are not giving payslips)....
17th September 2015 From India, Bangalore
If you are getting payment as transfers, then you must be raising a bill as a consultant / freelancer. The Company is deducting TDS as per the Income Tax Rules that they have to follow.
They can not accept any declaration in case of the above arrangement.
You can claim deductions and benefits in your Income Tax Return and then seek refund of the excess tax deducted, if any.
I hope this will clarify the position to you and you will not quit the job.
19th September 2015 From India, New Delhi
Apart from the above, you can ask for the working of TDS deduction made by your employer. You can meet the HR/Accounts in-charge and voice out your query. Quitting job is not a solution to your problem.
21st September 2015 From India, Ahmadabad
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™