Illegal Termination - High Court - CiteHR
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
I have been working in a CPSU holding company since last 26 years and left with 12 years of more service. During the course of tenure of my service, I have been promoted many times with last promotion in 2008 as Manager. I have been posted in many subsidiaries of the company and also have been redesignated many times sometimes to look either after corporate planning or commercial or marketing or exports or projects or shop floor production monitoring/ISO in subsidiaries etc etc. Even being female employee, I took all my assignments in positive way and tried to perform upto it. But in 2014, I was illegally terminated by the CMD of the company without following any CDA rules and just stating that my performance is not upto the mark hence, I am being terminated with three months notice pay. I was shocked that how my performance of 26 years became suddenly nil. Till now, I have been performing and receiving promotions. I can perform on the basis of what assignments I have been given as in a PSU, there is not much scope to go beyond protocol. Here I would like to mention that in 2009, a Manager had joined in company who was sitting arrangementwas just opposite to my table. He had been harassing me since then which was verbally reported to the department incharge many a times. But when the matter went beyond control, I was left with no other alternative but to report to the then CMD about the matter in writing in december 2010. But to my surprise and shock, I was shunted from the dept, sent to a dept which never ever existed in the company in practicality and was not given much work and was told not to interact with the manager. Inspite of my repeated request to deal with the case under Visakha guidelines, the hr manager closed the matter by saying that counselling has been done. However, I kept on abiding with my duties with whichever work I was assigned. In Nov'13, I was again told to work with the same Manager who had harassed me. I simply informed the Incharge of the department that how I can work with the Manager who had harassed me, the matter is yet to resolved and I am scared that I will be put to such harassement again which has already hurt my modesty, dignity and my career. The then chairman called me and suddenly threatened with dire consequences and after that I was issued termination letter.
Finding no other alternative, I moved to Hon'ble High Court with Writ petiton which is now pending. Though two hearings have already taken place. The company has not able to put any charge on me and hence trying to damage my reputation, dignity and my morale. This illegal termination without any fault of mine has already damaged me mentally, socially, financially. I have given 26 years of my life to the company. I kept on pleading to chairman that please look into the department files for my performance, if you are convinced. But my words fell into deaf ears.
More than one year elapsed. Now, I am at a loss to understand how much time, the finalisation of my case will take. In such a situation, I am not able to understand what will happen to my EPF account which is though with PF commissioner, I do understand that if no contribution is deposited for 36 months, the EPF account will stop accruing interest. Further, I have also not been able to file my IT return for the income year 2014-15, as how I do not know how to calculate my income for that year as they have included notice pay etc in that income and filed form 16 accordingly though I have not accepted the same. I have also not accepted the form 16 for that year.
Please advise.

Your legal proceedings are in High Court.
Probably your lawyer can move an urgency petition in your case since it is already 2 years have passed.
Your advocate would be the best person to advice you in this complex case.

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™