I am a graduate engineer joined a polytechnic college (Nadgir polytechnic college Bangalore) as a lecturer in the month of august 2014.
At the time of joining I signed a agreement stating that I work for 2 years and submitted my marks cards as a security.
The Nadgir polytechnic management took advantage of the agreement ,even though I completed all needs of management rated as good employee but end result was scoldings ,forced long leaves,loss of pay etc.
I decided to leave the college just after 4 months of tenure and resigned on 19 of December 2014.initially management agreed to return my certificates on 26 Dec 2014 but again management taking the advantage of the agreement.
I came to know such agreement are void /null agreement (which bounds a single person only)and also supreme court judgement stating that "no organisation can keep marks cards as a security".
Lastly I booked police complain in person in Basaveshwaranagara police station against Mr.Nadgir (director of nadgir polytechnic) to return my certificates back.
(Petition no PO1426140601699 has been pending in Basaveshwara Nagar PS from 27-12-2014 14:45:29) .
Mr.Nadgir is a big shot with some political background avoiding and managed to escaped from the case & police simply closed my case without any information.
I have a few queries here:
1. Is the employment bond legally valid?
2. Does an employer have the right to withhold the original certificates of an employee?
Kindly advise me on the ways to get my certificates back.

Thanks in advance.

From India, Bangalore

Get Empowered With Critical Leadership Skills That Drive Change →
Promoted: XLRI Leadership & Change Management
Hi I understand your issues. As you mentioned no organisations can withhold the originals. I feel its better to approach shops & commercial establishments inspector. He may help on this issue
From India, Bangalore
Hi, You are clear, bonded labour is an abolished practice. Jeeva is right, approach them or approach the Asst. Commissioner of labour, after identifying your jurisdiction.
From India, New Delhi
Hello Citizen123,
Given what you mentioned, while going to the concerned Asst. Commissioner of labour is the most logical step, I doubt whether that would solve your problem.....given the influence the College management has.
Better is to go legal & get the Court to pass instructions to return your Certificates. Contact an advocate......but also pl do due deligence of the advocate before hiring one.
Pl note that you have 2 issues--(1) Bond & (2) Holding of Certificates.
I do hope you have copies of whatever Originals you don't have now.......and I also hope you have some written proof that the College is holding your Certificates. Else the college can always say they didn't take your certificates.
All the Best.

From India, Hyderabad

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHRô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server