Dear all seniors, One of my employees who had completed five months in our office, he is from Amravati and staying in Pune for last Two years, recently he changed his residence and staying in another place from April 2007. Now he wants to draw a passport, and this passport office people asking about his One-year address proof in Pune.
My query is on this is on what basis I have to give him an Address proof letter and which documents he has to submit for his personal file record?
Please solve my problem. Thanks & Regards

From India, Chakan

Prepare youself for senior leadership roles by discovering your unique leadership style →
Promoted: UCLA - Executive Leadership in a VUCA World (Explore Course)
Hi Vrusha,
You can give the address proof only from the joining date to till date in your organisation beyond that you can't give however if you give thats going to be risky. Because they'll cross check with the experience certificate and offer letter etc. So dont take risks just give him an address proof for 5 months for the rest he can probably produce a rental agreement from his previous owner other wise he can get an affidavit from a lawyer.
While giving address proof for getting a passport you should be very careful once if it proved that you have given a wrong confirmation they wont accept an address proof from your organisation any more.
Kalyn. :D

From India, Bangalore
Hi Pls find attached adress proof letter.....
From India, Mumbai

Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc documentation_for_account_opening_axis_bank_140.doc (28.5 KB, 1892 views)


In our opinion,

A Company or any private organisation is not competent to certify the proof of residence of an employee working in the company. The concerned Gorvernment Agencies are authorised to certify the addresses. Hence the Ration Card, Voter ID Cards, Driving License, Passports are the valid proof .

Government Agencies/Department conducts verification procedures e.g for the Passport: Police Verification and enquiries from Home and Around comducted. For the Ration Card: Ward No and the verification procedures are adopted and like for Voter ID Cards and Driving License. More over the Utility Bills for water and electricity bills have more recognition as the proof of address as these have reach to home.

What we want to say is:
A company is authorised to certifiy the details pertaining the employment in relation to the compliance of law and to maintain the smooth transaction with the employees.

Therefore, You should only provide the details related to the employment of an employee wheather this is Experience Certificate or the salary certificate or like.

Asking to the company to provide the address proof of an employee is easily available document to the demanding organisation; even they do not know the authenticity of such document.

Anybody can chase these document for their authenticity and the certifying person/organisation will suffer the consequences.

From India, Jaipur

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHRô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server