Unable to complete Notice period - saying you will not get experience letter because your case is absconded - CiteHR
Partner - Risk Management
Recruitment/talent Acquisition, Career Counselling
Soft Skill Trainer / Hr Consultant - India
Ashutosh Thakre
Hr Professional
Lead Hr Executive
+2 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Hi Guys, I was working in one of the company in Banaglore, during that time i have under two months notice period. Unfortunately i have completed only one month notice period but after that due to some critical family issue i was unable to complete the reaming one month notice period.

After 10 days HR called me and said that you need to rejoin and complete the reaming one month notice period, but that time also i am not in that situation to rejoin for completing the reaming notice period.Then HR said me your case will be consider as absconded.

After 2.5 month i called to HR for my F & F letter and Experience letter, they gave me only F & F letter. Now they saying you will not get experience letter because your case is absconded. So guys i request you to please suggest me way to get my Experience letter. Much appreciated your support on above matter.

I believe your F & F will be settled with recovery of one month salary. But you should get experience certificate from HR mentioned with service period only i.e date of joining & last working date.
This topic has been discussed on the forum many times.mputnthe details in the "what do you need" box on the top you will get the reply.
Everyone uses the same excuse - had family issues, was sick, etc. no one is going to believe you. And frankly why should the company care. You have disrupted their business. Don't expect cooperation from them.

Hello Gajanan Pole,
What's stopping you from completing the balance 1 month Notice Period NOW & getting relieved properly?
Now I hope you don't say 'I have joined another job'.......which would only corroborate Saswata Banerjee's comments.

Fully agree with Saswata Banerjee. If the employee had accepted the 2 months notice clause, he/ she should honour that. No employer need show sympathy to,absconding employees. Exceptions in extraordinary circumstances may be considered.
I din't get what you are saying?, can please elaborate in detail.
Also FYI i have all the medical proof for that duration, if required i can show the same also.
But they are not ready to agree for that also, what can i do other than that. Please suggest.
@JACK : Yes, you are correct they settled with recovery of one month salary.
Appreciate your support.
Gajanan Pole

I don't understand your comment, could you please elaborate more in detail.
Also FYI i have all the proof for that evidence.
@JACK: Yes, you are correct my F & F will be settled with recovery of one month salary.
Guys please suggest me to get my reliving letter.
Appreciate your support.
Gajanan Pole

Guy’s Thanks for the comment. Is it ok, if i go to court for this case to get my reliving letter. What’s your thoughts? Suggestions are welcome. Regards, Gajanan
Mr. Gajanan, You can go to court to get legal redressal, but then it is more of a hassle for you. The case may drag for years together. Why confront on a minor issue ? As advised by learned professionals, when one is in a hurry to get a job, they dont read the terms and conditions, like applying for a credit card. It is a case of Deciding in desparation and repenting at leisure ! If the terms of appointment letters are very clear, your case will be decided in favour of the company only.
Hello Gajanan Pole,
I think you are mixing-up 'what you actually need'.
Do you 'need your Relieving Letter' OR 'need your Relieving Letter NOW'?
What is it?
If it's the former, then going legal is OK & if it's the later, then you need to bear in mind the sort of delays Indian legal system has inherently. If such delays are OK, then going legal is OK in this situation too.
As far as I can see, I don't find any other way BUT to rejoin and complete the remaining one month notice period & move with your Documents. If HR doesn't listen now, you need to be prepared to cajole him/her.
BTW, what's this 'medical proof' you mentioned? Your First posting mentioned 'critical family issue' ? Can you elaborate BOTH?

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™