Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Well Said - Saswatabanerjee .. It is again a duplicate of so many threads..
From India, Chennai
Dear Gajanan,
If you had a critical family problem and now you are supplying an medical certificate, then you can now go an complete the notice period. Also there is a complete different version in what you have said and what you are presenting.
In terms of experience letter, the company will give you one which says that the person was absconding. This is surely not going to help you.
If the company has already cleared your F&F, and you have already accepted the 2 months notice clause, then the court decision is surely going to be in the favour of the company. Also make sure before going to the court that you are not working in those absconding days with any company, as otherwise you will be double trouble.
Ashutosh Thakre

From India, Mumbai
You go to court for a matter like this and rest assured, no future employer would like to touch you. Although, you have not mentioned, I presume, you are a young person and have a long career ahead.
Focus on your performance and good practices.

From Qatar, Doha
Hi Mr.Gajanan,
Logically I don't think you are eligible for relieving letter, as you have not completed your notice period so you are not relieved from your services yet. F&F and a letter stating that you worked in that co.from so and so time till your last working day can be claimed, but the title "Relieving / Experience" cannot be obtained due to the above stated reason.
The company has the right to withhold your relieving letter and experience certificate. You have an option to complete your remaining notice period and complete the remaining formalities so why don't you think about it, in that way everything will get over smoothly.
Going to court for this reason is not a mature decision in my point of view.
All the best!!

From India, Pune
You don't understand, do you ?
Let me be blunt then
You are a liar
You didn't complete your notice period because the other company wanted you to join in a month. Now that they are asking for relieving letter you are making all kind of excuses (which I am quit sure your previous company HR already rejected)
Everything you are saying is excuses. You are trying a way to not follow the terms of your employment and want the company to bend backwards and accommodate you, their business requirements can take a flying hike.
You will get no sympathy from HR of EITHER company. And also not from most members on this forum. We have all faced people like you in real life.
Yes, there are enough fake medical documents available on payment of as less as ₹100. If you actually had a medical problem then rejoin and finish your notice period as others have suggested

From India, Mumbai
Another option is to buy out your notice period. I think this facility is available in most of organisations. Refer to your appointment letter for this info or speak to your ex-HR about it. There are options available in case you can't complete your notice period then you buy the remaining notice period in lieu of your one month's salary, if new job is so important then you can ask them to buy your notice period for you.
From India, Pune

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™