Thread Started by #sangeeta mistry

My company is basically engineering company. I am in HR department. we want to cover our staff employees under workman compensation policy or Group personal accident policy. I am confused that which is best suitable? please help me to decide it.
staff employees are not covered under ESIC. if we take GPA and not WC then is it correct according to law.?
please help me its very important.
10th August 2015 From India, Jalalpur
Dear Sangeeta,
GPA and WC Insurance policies are different in scope and scales of insurance offered. While the WC Insurance policy covers the entire liability of the employer under the Employees Compensation Act,1923 the GPA is limited to the sum assured only and subject to the conditions stipulated in the policy note. Moreover, it can not be a substitute for compensation under the EC Act,1923, if I remember correct.
10th August 2015 From India, Salem
Reply (Add What You Know) Start New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™