How To Close The Documentaiton If Employee Abscond From The Company - CiteHR
Insolvency N Gst Professional
Recruitment/talent Acquisition, Career Counselling
+3 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
can someone help me in below situation,
One of our employee sent an email in 1st week of June that" she is not feeling well and doctor advised to take 2 weeks rest". Now we are trying to reach her but number is switched off and we sent an email to report in office but she is not responded for mail and we comes to know that she joined in other company. Now i want to close her documentation. We don't want to go for any legal way hence the employee position is not that much important.
How can i close her documentation by stating that she was absconded.
Thanks in advance,

A verification attempt by sending a registered letter with Ack Due can be sent to her address as per documents.
In case the name of the doctor is known a cross verification may be thought off.
Then he can finally be/she can be treated as an absconder.

First of all send the absenteeism letter to her by reg.A.D on her communication & permanent address and give her few days to join. If no any communication is being provided from her side, send again the final letter with the reference of previous one. If still no any reply from her side, let left her from the the record. Left reason should be strukk off. But keep mind, the communication should be only and only by registered post.

""Can you help me to prepare a letter to send her."" kindly ut up a draft,there will be seniors who will correct it and make it proper and legal
Hello Sravanthi Naidu,
Vis-a-vis your request "Can you help me to prepare a letter to send her" & Nathrao's comments, suggest bear this in mind: EVEN God 'helps those who help themselves' & the members of this Forum are after all human beings.
You have already sent her an email--do you think the content of the suggested Letter would be any/very different? So I don't think this is something that can't be at least attempted @ your end.
Pl draft the content & post it in the thread & the members could then give legally binding suggestions that handles your issue.

I suggest,
Drop email on the registered email id or message on the registered number stating the aftereffects of not reporting to the office within 7 days from day of absconding. If the person returns then well and good else you can terminate the person on the grounds of absconding from the duties.
In case no email id or phone number, which is very unlikely, then send a physical letter and obtain the acknowledgement.
Remember law is if person is absconding for more than 7 days and we have attempted to reach on to the person but no reply is observed then termination process can be initiated.
Similar law is there in the case of a person is untraceable for 7 years then law declares him dead and insurance and other claims are paid to the beneficiaries.
I agree with TS that don't look for 100% ready made stuff, attempt a draft and your end and rest members will suggest any alteration if required.

Dear Sravanthi,
Please send a RPAD letter to the absent employee on the subject unauthorised absence. Generally the company permits for 8 days of unauthorised leave and more than the prescribed leave you can send a second communication letter demanding for termination.
There is nothing serious to act on this subject. Just a RPAD letter will do to close the issue. Upon non-responsive action raise F&F for her settlement and send it to her salaried account and terminate the person.
Sathish G

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™