Partner - Risk Management
Insolvency N Gst Professional
India's 1st Strategic Strengths Coach, Corporate
Full Time Employed

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
My previous organisation has not paid me salary for few months for the last financial year 2014-2015, however they have paid tax to the government for the unpaid salary. The form 16 they have issued to me shows the incorrect total amount paid/credited to me which includes salary for the unpaid months. The same is matching with the form 26 AS as they have paid the tax for the total amount however they haven't paid me the salary. Hence the figures in form 16 and form 26AS are matching. The total tax paid amount paid to the government is obviously more than what is deducted from my salary. This is complete fraud as they want to save from Govt. by paying the taxes but not paying me the salary.
Please help me and guide me in evaluating the legal actions I can take against them. Thanks in Advance.

From India, Mumbai
I suggest you take legal opinion before any action. How is it you didn’t realize that salary was not paid to you? They would have to inform you of this. All the best.
From India, Mumbai
Thanks for your reply. I left the company after serving them for few months in the last financial year. They stopped paying me when I was serving my notice period. The didn't cleared any outstanding payments after I left them. And when I got my form 16 and cross checked the same with form 26 AS I found they are quoting that they have paid me all my outstanding payments which actually they haven't.
From India, Mumbai
Kindly be precise -how many months you worked?
How much tax is deducted? and lastly for how many months they paid you and how many months they didnt pay you,but credited TDS to form 26AS.
As per you they stopped paying you when notice period began.
How many months was notice period?
Legal action for recovery of salary during notice period will have to be filed.

From India, Pune
The tax laws are very clear.
TDS is to be deducted and credited to your account for salary due to you irrespective of whether it is paid to you or not. They are not concerned with your payment.
So the company has no option but to pay the TDS amount to your account.
The form 16 talks of amount credited on account of salary not amount paid.
How to recover your money, depends on what you did, why they didn't pay you and the actual circumstances that are not a part of your post.

From India, Mumbai
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™