It is a very common practise amongst small companies to avoid payment of gratuities due to employees who have left the organisation. Is there a grievance redressal department to whom the employee can communicate about non payment of gratuity. I mean whom should the employee contact , other than the company to get the gratuity released.

From India, New Delhi

Assistant Engineer, Indian Telephone Industries, Palakkad
Dear Ramaseshan, Is there any grievance, they can approach the labour department. Abbas.P.S
From India, Bangalore
Thank You Mr Abbas. So what I understand is whether the employee is a workman or supervisor or Manager, for the purpose of filing a grievance against employer, with relation to gratuity due under the provisions of Payment of Gratuity Act, but not paid by the employer , the Labour Enforcement officer of the concerned state where the employer is situated - is the competent authority for redressal of this grievance. Is my understanding correct.
Thanks for your advise once again.

From India, New Delhi

Labour law & HR consultant
Dear Ramaseshan,
Pl go through the Payment of Gratuity Act,1972. If the Central Govt is the Appropriate Govt for the establishment, the concerned employee denied/ not paid gratuity within 30 days of termination of his employment has to file his claim before the Controlling Authority for the area normally the ACL (Central); in other cases the Controlling Authority appointed by the State Govt.

From India, Salem
[email protected]

Finance Manager
Please fill Form I and submit to the competent authority, afterwards the copy with application can be forwarded to the Collector of your city at the collectorate office
From India, Ahmadabad
This discussion thread is old and is closed for new comments. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post a new thread. Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™