Dear Sirs, I ve completed 4.11 years in my current organization, my last day of working shall be exact 4.11 years. Am I entitled to get Gratuity ? Your help will be appreciable. Regards,
From India, Mumbai
Dear Pratik.Avhad, Minimum service to get gratuity is five years. Hence you are not entitled to get gratuity. Abbas.P.S
From India, Bangalore
Dear Pratik,
You are entitled for gratuity, as 240 days or more of service in the last year of service is counted as full year. So, having rendered 4 years & 11 months of service, you are eligible for gratuity equivalent of 5 years of service.

From India, Delhi
I am Sougat, my query is that, if any pvt ltd company has working days is 22 in month,then how we calculate the gratuity. That time the calculation made by 22 days or 26 days. Thanks. Sougat Das
From India,
Dear Pratik You are eligible to get the Gratuity... if the service is more than 4.8 years can eligible for gratuity..
From India, Hyderabad
Dear friends, Here query is regarding 4.11 years. 0.11years is 0.11x12 =1.32 months. How an employee will be eligible for gratuity with a service of 4 years and 1.32 months? Abbas.P.S
From India, Bangalore
Any employee completing 240 days of continuous service in the fifth year is eligible to receive the gratuity. As you have completed 240 days in the fifth year, you are entitled to receive the gratuity.
From India, Pune
One or two local decisions are there considering the service referred in. As a general gratuity rule one has to complete 5 years .
From India, Nellore
The 'Gratuity Act' very clearly states that the period of service has to be 5 years. This period of service has to be counted from the starting date of employment to the last day of employment. If this period of service is a minimum 5 years, then the employee is eligible for gratuity. In case the employee dies during the service period before completing 5 years, gratuity is payable and the nominees will be the beneficiaries of the gratuity. In cases where the employee does not work a full year during any of the years while in service, that is he works intermittently or has taken various kinds of leave with or without pay, or there has been strike or lockout, if he has worked for 240 days during the year (including eligible leave or holidays etc.), then that year will be counted as a completed year. If he has worked for a minimum 240 days per year for 5 continuous years, he is eligible to receive gratuity, provided five years have elapsed from start of employment to ending of employment. If the period of employment from start to end is 4 years and 11 months, the employee is not eligible for gratuity.
From India, Kolkata
Its making the discussion full of confusion, as simple as any employee who completes 5 years in service is only eligible to get Gratuity as per Payment of Gratuity Act. Pls refer the Act diligently.
From India, Mumbai

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Comô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server