9871103011
Private Consultant On Labour Laws
Antoprabhu
Hr Manager
+3 Others

Thread Started by #rishi.6000n

Dear Friends, The current company i work with has a notice period of 3 months. It is absolutely non-negotiable. I lost several job opportunities because of this issue. I actually want to put down papers without any offer and then start looking for jobs. Reasons - My vice president (i report to him) is super partial towards developers. I am the only digital marketer there (Non-techies or semi-techies are Dumd?). Rest all are techies. The 2.5 years i worked here - has only been hell in terms of salary hikes, nil motivation, backstabbing, treachery, micro-management, etc.

Not at all conducive environment. My team in the US appreciates my work - sends me some appreciation mails. What's the use when there is no promotion or good hike or recognition? Thankless job. I can't possibly share these issues with our US team. In the recent appraisal, i did express my concern with my boss (VP) he said nothing but moved on to another topic.

If i am unlucky enough not to get a job in these 3 months, I am planning to join a course and still continue to look for jobs. Please advise on the right thing to do.

thanks a ton in advance to all,

Rishi
23rd June 2015 From United States, Seattle
your post carries your answer. have confidence on you and move in faith. rest will follow. from your post, it is evident that you are mature enough to decide on your future, we keep away from your thought process. with best of luck to you,
23rd June 2015 From India, New Delhi
Dear Rishi,

As you have mentioned that your appointment carries a notice period of 3 months to leave the company.You seems to be very desperate with the present conditions of service terms and the environment. You are finding it difficult to continue further. I fully agree with you that no company would wait for the new employee for three months. Don't get desperate and continue to find a suitable job.Once you get an offer from the new company,you put your resignation and offer them three month's salary, if you want an early release from the present company.That's the legal way otherwise once you get a good job with any new company, you can convince the HRD officials giving the background of the circumstances in which you are working and request them to let you join without getting relieving orders from your present company.

As far joining any course is concerned, we can do it provided you get time and mental peace (disturbed due to the present working) to study.

BS Kalsi
23rd June 2015 From India, Mumbai
Thank you kumaracme and 9871103011.
@ 9871103011 - the notice period is non-negotiable no matter what. It is the same for even a VP (unless they are among the favored few). Ridiculously companies outside recognize my talents more than my current employer.
I was interviewed by some of the best companies in the world. They offered to buy out but to no avail. The only reason I could possibly give to recruiters or companies is - since no company is accepting a 3 month notice i had to put down papers and start looking out for jobs.
I am helpless - unless someone can help me.
Thank you all again,
Rishi
23rd June 2015 From United States, Seattle
Hi Rishi,
I completely agree with BS Kalsi. There are 3 things that you can do.
1. Find a job and then resign convincing your prospective employer that you will join in 3 months time as thats the notice period, may be, this employer will appreciate you knowing that you are responsible and also would not also ditch him.
2. As Kalsi mentioned pay three months salary and exit gracefully or serve one month notice and pay the other two months salary.
3. If your prospective employer wants you desperately you can request him to pay three months notice salary upfront so that you can pay the amount to the current employer and exit.
Resigning and finding a job sitting at home is not a good option, maybe you can resign if you have confidence that you will find a job within three months.
R X Anto Prabhu
23rd June 2015 From India, Thana
Thank you Prabhu, The issuer here is my current employer is neither allowing buyout option nor adjusting my leaves to omit 1 month. I have no option but to serve 3 months.
24th June 2015 From United States, Seattle
Dear All, At the time of joining notice period was 60 days & now company has changed it to 90 days without intimating to employees. Is there any option to raise the concern for the same?
25th June 2015 From undefined, undefined
I badly seek advice for my situation. Someone please help me. This is a highly risky step I am going to take. I would like to know what best could be done before i take any hasty decision. (kindly see my updates above so you know the complete situation).
25th June 2015 From United States, Seattle
The rigid insistence on 3 months notice s a big hurdle.
In your place,taking all factors into a/c-employability,family situation,likely hood of jobs etc,I would take the plunge and quit.
Then start looking for jobs.
If you are not happy there,why continue working in sad and difficult environment??
Fortune favours the bold.Think,discuss with elders in your family and then put in papers,if that is the only way out.
25th June 2015 From India, Pune
Reply (Add What You Know) Start New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)





About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service



All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™