Re: Half Yearly Returns- Contract Labour - CiteHR
Partner - Risk Management
Pan Singh Dangwal
Joint Manager
Hr Manager
Jayesh -123
Hr Manager
+2 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Hi Can any one pls tell me about half yearly returns under Contract Labour act? How to calculate and deposit the returns. Thanks in advance
First, you need to be very clear when posting on the forum and give all details
You have not stated who you are and what you are doing ? Are you a factory owner ? Are you a contractor ? Which state is this in ? How many contract workers, etc

Thanks for replying.
Kindly review my inputs below:
We are a contractor with more than 20 workers deputed at at employer/ client site. We have taken license under Contract Labour act and Punjab & Haryana shop and establishment act (not factory act). We are in Haryana. But our client comes under Contract Labour act (central).

Dear Mamta FORM XXIV should be filled under ( See rule 82(1) Return to be sent by the Contractor to the Licensing Officer
You have to submit half yearly return to the licencing officer.The format No and the lime limit will be available in your state rules under CLRA Act,1970.
Dear Mamta,

Filing Half Yearly Labour Return to Licencing Officer is a mandatory process for the contractor having Labour Licence under CLA. The due periods are June ending (Jan-Jun) and Dec. ending (Jul-Dec). As per my knowledge the Labour Return Format is same for Central and State authorities. You may have the format as suggested by the fellow and experienced members of the forum. Pls note the below points for preparing the same.

1 First of all, pls check if all the contractual labour working under your roll or u have given sub-contracts for small jobs like Housekeeping, Gardening, Security etc.

2 Since u r the prime contractor and having labour licence for the whole unit it is ur liability to submit data for the sub-contracting staff as well in the Return.

3 At S. No. 5 (No. of manday during the Half Year)..... For Principal Employer pls show the days for which the PE was available at site:-

No. of Day in the Half Year (181 for June & 184 for Dec.)

Less (-) Holidays in the period)

= Total Days worked by the PE

For Contractor (ur co.), pls show the full day, if u have not taken any holiday during the period and u have not close the unit for whole day during the period.

4 At S. No. 8, No. of mandays worked- Pls count only the days for which the staff/labour (at site) was present during the period. Any leave-holiday-Absent should not be counted for the staff, even if u have paid full salary/wages for the month/s in the period. Only days worked by the contractual staff should be reflected in the column.

5 At S. No. 9, Amount of Wages paid, pls reflect the gross wages paid to the employees/ staff of the site. (Before PF,ESI, Advence deduction).

Also take care make an excel sheet data for supporting the figures shown in the Return. This is to justify ur Return at time of inspection.

But pls be noted the data must be for all the staff (under ur roll and ur sub-contracting staff).

Dear fellow members, pls correct me if any change/s required in above clarification.

If still any query, pls put ur on the forum or contact me - (I m handling 10 Labour Licence for my company).

Dear all,
I am the security contractor,so in my client place security employees working in different locations and total employees around 50 (not more than 5 members each location). We can apply CLRA license? (only one license for all 50 employees) ?
For the above client we can submit FORM XXIV (Half yearly returns)?
kindly discuss.

Dear Mr. Naresh,

You are new to the forum. Welcome to the platform in which we all learn on sharing basis. Pls note while put any query to the seniors always start with "Start Discussion" followed by "Post New Thread". You have add your query in a running discussion (Thread), now only limited person can see your query (Only those who are involved in above discussion). If u have started a "New Thread" many more can see and submit their views.

Now come to your query, if all locations are in a single jurisdiction and you have signed a single contract than the Labour Officers can ask to obtain Labour Licence. I would advice you can split the agreement in various parts duly showing the strength 19 or less. And maintain attendance and wages records accordingly.

You can't submit Half Yearly Labour Return, if you don't have any Labour Licence. Moreover the PE (Principal Employer) should also have RC (Registration Certificate).

Although you are covered under CL (R&A) Act, 1970. So, pls comply the Act.

Hope this will resolve your query, fellow members can correct me.

how many days for yearly returns plz calculate June to Dec and bifurcate
1.What if I am a principal employer and there are 10 people working in my workshop on contract (basically they are from other company). Do I have to file a Half Yearly return? If yes then which I have to fill? (We are having Factory)
2. The contractor which is working in my workshop is drawing more than Rs. 15000/- basic salary. Do I have to pay their PF & ESIC?

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™