I provide career coaching services, in addition to the other consulting and training work which i do.
1) HR and marketing is a good combination to have for the future.
2) Starting salary depends on both the institute where you studied, and the organization / industry where you apply for the job. Marketing salaries are higher than HR.
3) Marketing professionals can go on to become CEOs, very few HR professionals become CEOs.
Most courses will add value, but the question is whether you would value the value that you receive from that course.
Some questions for you to consider:-
1) What do you specifically like about HR, and Marketing? Note your answers on separate sheets of paper.
2) What are your hobbies?
3) Which activities make you happy?
4) If you did not have financial worries, what work would you do for free?
The answers to these questions will help you decide. If you wish, you can contact me for a discussion. I can also offer a tool which is based on Neuroscience which provides a brain map of your preferences. With this you could make a more informed choice about the kind of career you choose.
All the best.
18th June 2015 From India, Mumbai