Hi, I am having a doubt regarding joining a company. Example: I am having one offer in hand and another offer is in process.
Suppose I joined in a company after a week I got that offer which is in process with a good salary and preferred location.
So whether it is possible to come outside of the old company which I joined past one week.
Can you please reply to me about what I can do in this case.

From India, Pune
He has not joined. He is planning to join
(At least that is what I can see from his post)
He wants to know whether he should join the first company and what he should do if he gets The offer from the second company which is at a higher value.
I also would be interested in knowing your recommendation in that case.

From India, Mumbai
If I may take the question a little further,
If the second company has better career prospects and location, but he is not sure whether he will get the job, but the other one has asked him to join, what should he do ? Delay (may not be possible), wait, or join. If join, the ignore the second one or take it and walk out of the one he joined ....

From India, Mumbai
Hello Anonymous Person,
Can you confirm/clarify thew following aspects?
1] Till when do you have time to join the First Offer?
2] What do you mean by 'another offer is in process'? Have you discussed the CTC details & is it that ONLY the Offer release is pending? What's the stage of the I/V process?
3] You haven't mentioned in which sector/domain are you.
Had you mentioned ALL the aspects of the 2 Offers, then you would have already got the right actionable suggestions fro Nathrao & Saswata Banerjee by now I guess.
The options available to you would depend on your replies to the above queries.

From India, Hyderabad

Dear Saswata,
I would take a decision only if I had qualifications which would get me a god job with better location,pay.Otherwise a bird in hand is worth two in the bush.
Join the first firm,get expereince,learn on the job and look for better prospects.

From India, Pune
I am very pleased to note that people have started asking questions without giving a concrete advice. I will add another question to the blogger. Is it ethically right to accept an offer and join a company fully knowing that you may quit it, if the second offer is better? Suppose the company took you on and then asked you to leave after a week, as they got a better candidate, how would you feel?
From United Kingdom

""I am very pleased to note that people have started asking questions without giving a concrete advice""
Sometimes the query is incomplete and without questions and answers,advice can be counter productive.
At times,advice can become a double edged sword.
Ask questions,then answer-sometimes your queries itself may lead the person to a solution.

From India, Pune
The choice is absolutely upto you to decide a call. since you know very well, where you can have a better employment opportunities and growth as well. Before you decide to join a concern, you must have a valid reason to consider all these things such as salary, location, benefits and employee growth. After you joined and getting an another opportunity is not good to go in for take up this offer.
If you think that it takes time to process further, better you ask them whether i have got selected. If selected, when I will get an appointment order and joining. Once they confirm it then you can proceed accordingly.

From India, Chennai
Better wait to see the result of your second offer and then compare the two offers and decide.
If you do not have so much time better take the first offer and forget about the second offer. Absconding is a bad choice, bad for your reputation.
You may take up the second offer even after joining the first offer however strictly following other stipulations of the first first offer like notice period. Trust I am clear.
A S Bhat

From India, Pune
Speak honestly to the company where your candidature is in process and tell them you already have an offer in-hand and you are being asked to join. However, their offer is more suitable due to salary, location or whatever. Hence, request them to specify if you are selected or not and give you the timeline in which they shall offer basis which will be able decide. This will put pressure on them also to speed-up the process to hire if you are really selected. But leaving the company in 1 week is unethical. You may get blacklisted and you'll never be able to re-apply to the company.
From India

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHRô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server