Insolvency N Gst Professional
Software Engineer

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Actually I'm struggling for a long time(1 year) to close my previous employment PF account. I have submitted all the required forms to close my PF account. But still the employer wasn't process my pf form. I called & mailled them many times but no progress on that. So what shall I do in this situation ?
Note : There is nothing problem for me and the employer, they are doing the same for everyone !
Please guide me if there is any way !
Sankar C

From India, Chennai
you need to prefer a complaint with PF enforcement officer of your nearby EPF Office. He will intervene and resolve your query. also for your knowledge you can raise a query under RTI Act, and there are professional people are there to execute your actions.
From India, New Delhi
It is with this kind of problems created by employers in not helping to close a/cs or employees not even knowing their pf a/c numbers which has resulted in this:Rs27,000 cr lying unclaimed in EPF: Bandaru Dattatreya - Livemint

A huge amount lying unclaimed,must be the sweat and toil of many thousands of people:Rs27,000 cr lying unclaimed in EPF: Bandaru Dattatreya

Every employee should now obtain UAN number.

UAN will act as an umbrella for the multiple ‘Member Ids’ allotted to the same individual (Employee or EPF Account holder).

How it works is simple:

Let’s say you have been working for WIPRO or the last 2 years. You might be contributing to EPF through your EPF A/C. EPFO treats Infosys as an ‘Establishment’ and ‘You’ as a ‘Member’ of EPFO. Since you are a member of EPFO, WIPRO would have created a ‘Member-Id’ through which you contribute to your EPF a/c. So, Member-ID is nothing but your EPF a/c number.

EPFO will generate ‘UAN’ and shares it with WIPRO You have to collect UAN from your employer. Your existing member-id will be linked with your UAN.

Next year, if you shift to INOFSYS then UAN remains the same. But, your new company will provide another ‘Member Id.’ This is linked to your UAN. You just need to disclose your UAN/previous member-id to the new employer through Form-11. Like this, UAN will act as an umbrella for the multiple ‘Member Ids’ allotted to the same individual.

With UAN you can even download a passbook in PDF format.

Maintain records of contribution,interest etc.

Keep checking online with EPF india.

Finally do allow your PF amounts to grow by keeping it in the fund.

Do not withdraw at every job change.

UAN Member Portal

From India, Pune
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™