Hi ,
I have a query regarding joining an organization in brief periods.
Actually I joined an organization before sometimes but the projects and internal team architecture is pretty different then whatever was expected and it is not lucrative for my career perspective.
So instantly I got a better opportunity with another organization and I have to join it promptly. So I requested in my current organization to relieve me in a week but they are forcing me to serve the notice period that I can not.
So if I leave the current organization without serving notice period then what action would be taken against me . Though I did not sign any bond or agreement with the organization. please suggest.
Raj Aryan

20th May 2015 From India, Delhi

nathrao 1444
If there was no bond or specific agreement with organisation,you can leave by submitting a written request and handing over any company documents,property etc.
The current organisation can at best delay final settlement and delay or refuse experience certificate.
Normally all offer letters/appointment rders give a specific notice period,are you aure they have not spoken about notice period?
20th May 2015 From India, Pune
There is a notice period of one month mentioned in my offer but it is not possible to serve notice period as I have to join another organization within a week. Though I neither mentioned this small experience of 3month in NSR nor I want any experience letter from the organization.
So if they do not agree to release me in 2-3 days or so then it will be a kind of absconding case as I will leave the organization after handing over their assets to them.
I am leaving the organization in the end of month so there is not any debt on me from organization.
In that case what action can be taken against me later on.
22nd May 2015 From India, Delhi
nathrao 1444
First offer to pay one month salary to your current company in writing.
Your offer letter is the basis on which you have joined.
Breach of terms is a contract violation.
Remedy for contract violations can be through civil courts.
But I dont think the company will go to the extent of filing a case.(This is strictly a personal opinion)
The company can write to your new employer about your being an absconder .
This will have two effects-one that you have hidden this employer details and other about your conduct as an employee.
Best option is buy notice period.
Hand over all company property in time under acknowledgement.
Mr Raj,
What I have written above is my perception of how things could be.It is strictly your call on deciding course of action.
Please consult other learned people also.
22nd May 2015 From India, Pune
Please login to participate in this discussion or start your own. Create Account

About Us - Advertise - Contact Us - RSS   On Google+  
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms Of Service
Facebook Page | Follow Us On Twitter | Linkedin Network

All rights reserved @ 2017 Cite.Community™