Senior Officer - Hr
Cite Contribution
Community Manager

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
An employee to an IT firm resigned because of bad financials in the company and no growth. His salary for 4 months were held back when he resigned. He was told that it would be released through FnF. Its going to be an year soon , yet there are no signs of the release. The company have fared well and have paid the vendors. There are other employees with FnF as big as 7 lacs , waiting for its release. What should be the best way out for these employees to get their money back.
Going to the labour commissioner is the last resort. They have been knocking every door, meeting the officials at the company almost every week. The company is spending on building a goodwill , which was lost during the downturn. But delaying every FnF endlessly.
How and whom should these employees aproach?

Even labour commissioner cannot help you if an employee does not come under Payment of wages act wage ceiling limit, where the wages should be less than Rs. 18000/- per month.
So, only way to settle this is through court under ID act, where it may direct to pay with interest as well as with legal expenses.
I have seen somany companies were not able to pay salaries and employees also left for not getting salary for more than 2 months and ignored it.
One petition through an advocate in court mentioning all employees name will benefit the legal fees and award of court also will be equal and faster i feel.

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™