Insolvency N Gst Professional
Hr Consultant
Sekar G
Team Leader

Hello Every one,
I am working in an MNC company and almost i have completed 5 yrs in this concern. I have Universal account number also. If there any possibilities to get my PF amount without Resigning my job? It almost crossed 1L so it is possible to withdraw my PF amount?

From India, Chennai
Hello Sekar,

The PF & Misc Prov. Act is a social security act which is aimed to provide financial security to an contributor members after their retirement and to their family members in case of death of the contributing member. It enables one to built up a corpus, which is returned back with interest at the time of withdrawal after one quits one's employment with a particular employer. The same corpus can also be carried forward (by way of transfer) as individual changes job/employers from time to time thereby enabling the member to avail the benefit of continuity.

You can submit a request (through one of the forms available from the epf website along with the required documents for the PF Officials to do the verification) if you wish to avail loan for certain specific purpose, like for daughter/son's wedding, house purchase/repair, higher education, etc. There are some eligibility criteria's to be able to apply for such kind of loans which you would be able to easily find in the epf website.

However, I am not aware of any case whereby anybody would have been able to withdraw his/her PF amount without leaving/quitting one's employment/other than by applying for loan. You may, hence check out the views of other fraternity members to see if there's a way out.

Regards, A.B.

From India, Mumbai
PF grows only when it untouched.
The magic of compounding is really a factor to be kept in mind to build savings.
While you can withdraw part of your money for certain specific reasons like our learned member has posted above,it will be good to keep PF untouched as it earns minimum 8.7% compound interest and more important it is tax free money.
Anyway t is your call.

From India, Pune
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™