Dear Friends, I have a potential employer from Saudi Arabia who has been following up with me from quite some time (Almost a year now) and the potential offer has matured on October 2014 and the VISA process has started longtime back though there were hurdles all the way long. To be honest Saudi based future employer has been very patient though the process is taking time/delayed.
Since the time Saudi VISA process has started i could not take up any other better offer's as my Degree certificate & Marks sheet was stuck with Future saudi employers Agent in Mumbai.
And now Saudi based future employers agent in India has contacted me last week (15th April 2015) saying that my Engineering degree certificate has been rejected by Saudi embassy as HRD attestation has to be redone. Saudi cultural attestation has been completed. I have submitted my degree certificate for HRD attestation stamping immediately for attestation and expected to receive anytime next week.
I am not sure how much more time is still required to complete the Saudi VISA endorsing on my pass port?
And I am concerned with the delayed/prolonged process of the Saudi work VISA as my current employer is planning to send me on an overseas long term assignment ( SIte deputation on Major Project in Saudi Arabia starting from October 2015) and recently I was requested to submit my pass port and Degree certificate by my current employer. I am assuming that my current employer will offer me a good package for this long term assignment and i am very much interested to continue in my current employment. I also understand that am being greedy here now and not generous." This is life everybody works for money ". Please advise me if am wrong here.
I Seek expert advice on this confusion stage, I do not want to say NO to my future employer in Saudi at this stage after Saudi cultural attestation is completed? I am not sure what will be the implications if i say no to future Saudi employer, Will he create any problem for me to enter into Saudi later for any future opportunities in Saudi Arabia? I just want to delay this process as i currently hold the degree certificate with me and without which SAUDI VISA can not be stamped on my pass port.
There are three reasons which i wish to delay Future SAUDI based employment opportunity
I want to wait till October 15 till overseas long term assignment proposed by my current employer gets matured and they declare the package details.
Reason - 2
I have a retention Bonus clause in my current employment contract and which is due to mature on July 25 and if i resign before this period i will be loosing a big amount
Reason - 3
I want to re-negotiate the designation & Package offered by my future employer in Saudi as the designation offered is much lower than my current position which was signed off during October 2014.
I am in dilemma and confusion and Urgently seek experts advise. Please help me draft an email to send it to Saudi Based Future Employer..
Look forward for your response ASAP.
From India, Bangalore
Greetings. My name is Arup Kumar. I am Senior Recruiter with Total Talent Solution.Previously, I was an employee with ICICI NRI team.
Dear friend. You cannot sit on 2 boats at the same time as the proverb goes. You have to make up your mind positively whether you want to continue with your present employer or if you want to go to Saudi Arabia.
You can always ask the HR team in Saudi Arabia to give a break up of the salary package. After you have received the offer from their end, then you can negotiate maybe ask for 10% 0r 25% more on the salary package offered by them.
Arup Kumar Singh
Best of Luck Mate
From India, Kolkata
If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.