Business Mentor, Consultant And Trainer
Soft Skill Trainer / Hr Consultant - India
I might be able to help you. Please check my following reply:
25th April 2015 From India, Bangalore
KRA is justified or not for you ??? Well i think if there are no written policies and your reporting manager has not set goals for you in written than i don't think she has to ask you for KRA. What i am thinking is that she is just trying to be over smart on you and showing some efficiency over you.
Generally KRA are difficult or not done for HR since they are essentially support function, but in some cases it is done. KRA for HR will have the following to provide for manpower and maintain harmonious industrial relationship so that there is no disruption in production or marketing. To provide for training for improving the skills to attain better productivity cycle, and to frame a compensation benefit structure by which the efficient employees can be retained.
Hope I have not confused you.
25th April 2015 From Pakistan, Karachi
Every employee should be handed over KRA sheet at the beginning of the performance cycle. On completion of performance cycle, in the Performance Appraisal (PA) meeting, score on each KRA is calculated. If it is found that the employee did not performance above certain level, then the employee in put on PIP.
In your company it appears that nothing is defined properly. Sans these formal definition, it is not proper to put on employee on PIP. Flightiness has no place in Performance Measurement (PM). But then this is where many entrepreneurs fail and so is their start up!
25th April 2015 From India, Bangalore
1. I received my increment 1 month late last year ..and there was no absolutely no intimation from my boss as to why it was delayed by a month...she would definitely not tolerate if deliverables are delayed by a month without any communication regarding the reason for delay...then how can she do that for my increment ?
2. There was absolutely no explanation given regarding how my bonus amount was arrived at...you are not giving charity to a beggar right ? My bonus is my hard - earned money.
3. After completion of 3 months probation period, there was no verbal / written communication regarding confirmation
4. Procedure for applying for leave keeps changing every few months depending on my boss 's mood..sometimes she asks for 2 weeks prior intimation..sometimes..three..sometimes four weeks.
5. When I joined the company, after 1.5 months, I came to know that there is a 3 month probation period from colleagues since my boss had forgotten to inform me about it....she never forgets me when there is work to be done ?
6. Just like leave protocol keeps changing, my KRA's keep changing every few months depending on my boss s mood...hence, she never gave me anything specific in writing as far as deliverables are concerned even though I had requested for it.
7. And finally today , since I pointed out all these flaws, she is putting me on PIP...can you imagine ?
What should I tell her....pls guide
She has this reputation of being a loner..has not been able to retain any of her team members for more than 2 yrs till now...she has a problem with everybody's style of working and none of her team members want to work with her again...as she has this habit of exaggerating a mistake and making a mountain of a molehill,insults team members a lot and uses very bad language.
What should I tell her regarding PIP....pls guide
26th April 2015 From India, Mumbai
Unless an organisation has systems and procedures in place, it will be difficult to manage the important asset ie human resource. No use doing fire fighting after each and every negative episode that takes place. So long as the going is good, nobody is bothered. It is high time, whether you have 10 or 100 employees, create all formats, templates, policies in place.
Am a HR consultant, a professional with over 44 years of industry exeprience. If interested, I can provide consultancy. Please get in touch with me, if so.
27th April 2015 From India
As written in my second post, flightiness has no place in running a company. Basic tenet of leadership is consistency. If a leader fails on this count then everything goes topsy turvy.
At this stage, I can only say that you may start looking for new job. How long you would like to remain at the receiving end if the leader blows hot and cold? Your exit can put a stop to it!
27th April 2015 From India, Bangalore