Partner - Risk Management
Plant Manager With A Passion Of Qms Activities

Dear All
I hv been working abroad for almost 2 yrs now as a senior mgr. My company while offering me the job did not give an appt. Letter.
when I came over, i did not hv a NRI a/c as banks did not give me as i did not hv an appt. Letter.
For the last 2 yrs my company in africa has been paying my salary by depositing the amount in rupee in cash in my indian bank account.
My problem now is how do i prove to income tax authorities that the money earned is salaried money from NRi source and hence not taxable? If I cant prove, a huge amount will hv to be paid as tax.
During the last 2 yrs, I hv never come to India and I am still staying abroad. I hv a work permit and a passport to support it. Can anyone pls help by suggesting the plan of action?
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors made possible with help from our prime sponsors like:

TALENTEDGE Who provide a platform for "interactive anywhere learning". Courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses

FACTOHR - Provides Customised Payroll, GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS that can help streamline your organisation. Explore Features

Register Here and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
The best thing for you is the following :
- first ask your comping for an appointment letter and confirmation of salary
- second speak to a chartered accountant and find a solution.
This is a complex situation for which taking community advice based on sketchy information would be counter productive.
For NRI only Indian income is taxable in India. From your passport copies you can proof that your residential status is NR for India and so your salary earned outside india is not taxable in India. For more details you can send your query on
CA Roopali Khadke
Khadke Associates
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™