Contract Employee Related Law - CiteHR
Labour Law & Hr Consultant
Ir Executive
Maintenance Officer

Prime Sponsor - - Payroll Software with GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS. Explore Features
Dear All,
I am employee in govt autonomous college. Is there any law in labor law to terminate my service without any notice. Actually I am working in this Institute since 2 years.
In those two year no any salary increment to me from Institute.
They directly terminate my service after 8 days to over my contract.
Please reply urgently.
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
I think you are a fixed-term contract employee and as such on the expiry of the contract period, your services have been terminated. So the question of increment is to be answered strictly as per the terms of your contract only.
Thank you for reply sir,
In this Institute total 40 contractual employe working on contract basis. And every year others give 10 to 15 % increment on there consolidated salary.
And one more question is there any rule under Labor law that I get permanent order in this Institute because i completed 730 continues working days here.
Dear Sachin,
In globalization, various topmost companies used to keep their manpower in contractual terms. That means they appointed any manpower agency who can provide them skilled/semiskilled/unskilled employees as per their requirement & the agency is responsible for all their legal dues. Principal employer will pay them their charges only.
Dear Sachin,
You have not mentioned about the category of your job in the college. Moreover, since it is a govt. college, both the teaching faculty and non-teaching staff employed therein would be governed only by the rules applicable to govt servants in respect of recruitment, appointment, regularisation etc. As such, I am of the view that you can not seek any remedy under the Labour Laws. However, you can make a representation to the Director of Collegiate Education regarding your grievances.
Prime Sponsor - "Interactive Anywhere Learning". Executive courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™