Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Hi, I started a new software development startup in 2014 and things are little slow that I hired in 2014 Nov and currently has 4 employees. I want to give them offer letters now and still labour licence not done yet(I am applying now which I can get in 20days). Can I give the offer letters now? Is it legal ? Also can I give offer letters now when I hired them few months back ?

Also, currently I am paying 10,000 per month along with free accomodation and snacks. It will be increased to 15k after 6 months. So planning to give "intern" position for first 6 months and "software developer" after 6 months and want to mention the same in the offer letters. Can I do that?

I heard that startups with less than 10 people should not write position name in offer letters, then any particular format for small startups?

I regisgtered company under my home address and this office(3bhk residence apartment) is not yet registered because my office apartment owner doesnt have any utility bill yet and I dont have much money to change offices immediately so didnt(I will do now if necessary, so plz suggest). Running office operations from nov 2014, but still didnt register it. Also I am not paying any double current bills etc. I am really confused if am going illegally which I dont want to. Please advice in this regard.

From India, Hyderabad
offerletter should be at the time of selection of the candidate as the candidate had accepted the offer. Now you need to give Appointment letter.
Secondly, labour license is obtained by contractor & not by principal employer. Since you have recruited them directly on your company payroll you are the principal employer for them. So no need to obtain the labour license.
You can mentioned the terms & conditions of an appointment as you can.
you will definitely look for business as you have just started your business, and to get business you should have some registration as Shop & Establishment, Provident Fund, ESIC, Profession Tax, VAT, PAN, Labour Welfare fund, etc. To get such registration you must have proper office may be rented or your own. you need to have proper documents of the place of business to get above registration.
So, if you want to grow your business you must have all legal documents.

From India, Mumbai
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™