I have worked in 2 companies in a year
for ex:
Company 1 - Apr 2014 to Jan 2015
Company 2 - Feb 2015 to Mar 2015
Company 1 have not deducted a TDS.
Company 2 said - they can't incur prev. company salary for tax calculations.
On My Own - Can I combine and file my taxes of the income/salary received form these 2 companies ?
1. What are the proof's that I need to have?
2. How to calculate and file my tax for FY 2014-2015 ?
if NO,
1. What I have to do to filing?
Thanks for helping on this

From India, Madras

Form 16A--TDS certificate showing how much TDS has been done and details of deposit with IT.
Your FD may have TDS deducted, bank will pay IT and reflect it in Form 16A.
Have you registered in Income tax site for online viewing of form 26as.?
Depending on your income from salary,interest on FD,SB a/c you can work out your tax and make online payment of income tax.
There are free tax filing sites which can do the job of IT filing through electronic means..
Cleartax.in is one such site.

From India, Pune
Yes, I did registered.
My previous FY 2013-2014 tax was deposited by company 1 and I am able to view form 26.
now, I have joined another company 2.
Company 1 didn't provide form 16 for apr 2014 to jan 2015, they gave only pay slips
Company 2 instructed me to do tax by myself .
Is it possible to file using payslips ?

From India, Madras
Hi Krish,
Your previous company will give you form 16 at end of the April-May 2015, please coordinate with your accounts / HR department of previous company.
Your current company will also provide you Form 16 at end of the April- May 2015.
Ask your personal CA to club both the form 16 to file your personal return for the financial year 2014-15.
Note: Always ask your employer to provide Income certificate at the time of leaving the organization.

From India, Pune

Yes. You can work out your total taxable income and pay by challan through your bank. All transaction can be online.
From India, Pune
If the company 1 did not deduct any tax and issue Form 16, ignore it. File the taxable income of Company 2 only thru online facilities. Pon
From India, Lucknow

The advice is incorrect.
Company 1 had employed him for 10 months in the concerned F/Y.s and income of this company alone may not be in taxable limit.
Company 2 has paid him for two months.
Whether Company 1 gave form 16 or not,person has received taxable income.
Filing a return for just 2 months income will easily leave a paper trail where person could be asked about whether he was unemployed or without income for 10 months.
One should be careful in IT matters.

From India, Pune
Dear Krish,
I am here to help you. As per income tax law, Form 12B can be submitted to the new employer with the salary and deducted tds details by old employer. The new employer should be considering the previous salary and tds.
In your case, it was not done. No issue. If the employer does not deduct tax (TDS) he is not liable to issue form 16/16A. Instead you may get a Salary Certificate on their letter pad. It will do. So you should get Salary Certificate by your old employer. If your new employer have deducted tax (TDS), then you will get Form 16/16A in the June 2015. If they too not deducted tax, then get a Salary Certificate from them too.

Now comes to IT Return. due date of return filing is 31st July. so dont worry. Calculate your total earning and compute your tax, observe the TDS and pay remaining tax online and finally file you IT Return.

I will be happy to help you in filing of your return as I am also a Certified Tax Return Preparer (TRP). You can find my contact details on trpscheme.com using 'Locate TRP' feature.

Hope this answer will help you.

From India, Patna
For 10 months, the Company 1 has not deducted TDS means, it is not the fault of the employee. I understand his taxable income is well within the exempted limit if no TDS is deducted.
From India, Lucknow
Dear PON,
Income from all sources needs to be clubbed while filing income tax returns and not just seperate incomes required to be declared seperately. If total income include all employments, interest, home rentals recieved and any other income exceeds the specified limit i.e. Rs. 250000 (in case of assessee less than 60 years of age), then he needs to submit IT return and also submit the tax, if any liablity so arise.
All you need to do is to gather exact income from all sources, i,e from both employments, interests from banks, bonds, NSCs or like investments and file ur return accordingly. In case you need help in filing return, I am also Tax practitioner, you may ping me personally.

From India, Gwalior

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Comô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server