Hi, I was working in a private company from Jan 2014 to Nov 2014. Totally 10 months. The company had financial issues, so that they delayed salary process too long. I resigned in Nov month. When I checked the PF passbook, I could see that company contributed the pf amount only for 7 months. They have not settled September, October and November month PF amounts to my PF account. After resignation, I asked that when will you settle the pf arrears to PF office? They told settlement would be completed by feb end and also asked me to come and get sign the forms 10c and 19 by feb end. But they have not settled the arrears even by feb end. I went to office on March 5 to get sign on the forms. That time they told they are going to pay arrears within one week. So asked me to submit the forms to pf office myself. I submitted the forms in pf office on March 6 th. I received the pf amount and pension amount on March 19 itself. But I have received the amount for the 7 months only. My company didn't clear the arrears for last 3 months. I asked many times the company, they have not said any proper answer. My question is

Can PF office credit the last 3 months contribution, once company settled the arrears?

Once pf withdrawal done, then the PF account will be deactivated?

What can I do to get the pending arrears?

From India, Madras
You may not get the last 3 months contribution. because that account is settled. You should have checked your passbook once again that the recently paid arrears amount is credited into your account or not. Once your passbook is updated, you should have signed the form 10c and form 19.
But you have an option now. You can raise an rti to epfo asking for details of those 3 months amount. Where that amount is landed if company is paid in your account after your account is settled and who will get that amount. If your company is still not paid that arrears, what action officials have taken to recover it. -- Raise this 2 questions, you may get the amount back.
All the best.

From India, Chennai
Thanks for your valuable information. Today I received a reply from my company that they will deposit the arrears within march 28. May I ask them to deposit to my bank account directly? Is it possible?
From India, Madras
Company cannot deposit that epf amount directly into your account. They will be liable to pay that amount to EPFO only. Not directly to member account. Thanks,
From India, Chennai
I have filed Rti on March 23 and received a registered post with reply, which states that my application has treated as grievance and forwaded to EPFO chennai for further action. But 2 months over, I have not received any solution from EPFO chennai. Also I registered grievance in Epfigms and got reply that they have sent the complaint to appropriate accounts team. They will take action, once company settle the amount, they will process the amount as supplementary claim. But still I have not received my arrears.
From India, Madras

Not depositing PF deduction is similar to breach of trust.Civil action can be initiated against them.
EPF office is expected to take care and regulate PF.
However to expect PF office to be proactive is stretching imagination.
Probably you can think in terms of sending legal notice to your former employer,if if it is worthwhle.

From India, Pune
If the company deposit the contribution for Sept/Oct/Nov in future ., then you will have apply fresh as you have already withdrawn the deposited PF
From India, Delhi

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server