My husband passed away recently . The PF from his last company ( IT company in T.Nagar) Chennai are lying with PF authorities . As per legal heir certificate, my in-laws are also present in legal heir certificate. What is the process to withdraw PF and what are the necessary forms to be submitted for withdrawal of my husbands money ??
From India, Chennai

Fill up form 20 & 10D along with form 5IF. Open an saving account with the nearest State Bank of India. If you have children, then get an account opened for them aswell. Take a copy of the passbook and a cancelled cheque of yours, your identity proof document - PAN/Adhar card, document to acertain your relation with the deceased - ration card & or marriage certificate, original death certificate of your husband, 2 family photograph (with children, if any) and meet your husband's company officials. You would be required to self-attest all these documents and also on these forms. For children, you need to submit the passbook copy. The company will do the rest (fill up the required remaining forms like form 5, 10 and 3A) and submit the same at the appropriate PF Office. Do not forget to mention your mobile number so that you get the message from the PF Office regarding the status of your claim. Ask for the acknowledgement copy (for the submission of these claim forms to the PF Office) from the company officials, which you should keep it with you for future reference. (all these forms can be directly downloaded from the PF website Epfo (Govt. of India)).

Good Luck,


From India, Mumbai

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Comô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server