[email protected]
Consultant In Legal Matters

Hi I joined a company 1 month back but due to personal issues and husband moving out of station need to quit I signed a bond for a year but have not signed the offer letter the company has kept my degree certificate by miscommunication now I told him I have to leave they are saying serve a 2 month notice period.I have not taken salary for this month....what shud I do to get my degree I don't need any exp certificate...they will not pay me anything alsi
From India, undefined
Firstly getting your certificate back is not a problem. It is not a good on which the employer can hold any lien. You had entrusted these to your employer and on your demanding to return it, if he does not do so, he is liable for offence under section 406 IPC. Send him legal notice in such a manner that he returns your originals and pays your due also.
Legally since he seems to have incurred no expenditure on your training, he cannot recover any damages through the bond under sections 73 and 74 of Contract Act. Validity of bond is also doubtful because that would also be subject to signing your offer of appointment. Under Shops and Establishment Act, unless you have rendered specified period of service, no notice period is required to be given to resign.

From India, New Delhi
Thanks a lot SUSHIL for helping me here.I don’t know how I am struck in this mess.....will talk to him nicely and even then he doesnt agree will send him legal notice
From India, undefined
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™