In my knowledge Labor welfare officer will mainly looking after "well being" of Labors working in Automobile Industry.
Major tasks to be performed by Labor Welfare officers as as under.
1) Measure Current Job Satisfaction level of labor in the company. Assess loops & create points to design Welfare needs.
2) Design & Define Welfare policy Guidelines in context to the Business Goal of organization.
3) Arrange Welfare activities & camps as an when required. (Monthly, Quarterly Yearly)
4) Liaison with Government & Local authorities for the applicable acts with the industry.
5) Arrange Quality Accommodation, Canteen, Clean water, Transportation, Medical Checkup facilities for Labors & their families.
6) If any Critical Incident occurs report it immediately to management, Ensure compliance & confirm in time delivery of Services & Benefits to the infected Labor or their families.
7) Help management to define good motivational policies for labors to maintain lowest attrition ratio.
8) Ensure "Feel Good Environment" for mutual growth of organization & Labor.
Hope it covers all possible points.
Revert in case required any further assistance on subject matter.
26th February 2015 From India, Ahmedabad