Consultant In Legal Matters
Account & Adnimistration

I served full notice period to the company in Apr13 but company till Feb15 still company is still not communicating on Full & final settlement & even didn't pay tax deducted at source to IT department. Company says it doesn't have sufficient fund hence not not releasing payment to many of it's employee. I think company will not pay & want to take legal action. Kindly suggest.
21st February 2015 From India, Mumbai
Dear AM Take legal action on violation of ID Act. Once employer get notice he will definitely pay you F&F dues.
21st February 2015 From India, Bokaro
Tax deducted at source and yet not paid is a serious offence for which employer is liable for prosecution under sections 406 and 409 IPC apart from under IT Act. See decision of Calcutta HC of 2003 in Sushil v State. Give a legal notice to employer on this line and he will hopefully comply with and pay your dues. Since you are governed by Bombay Shops and Establishment Act, you could have complained to Inspector under the Act for payment of your dues. But under section 61 there is limitation period of three months for making complaint to magistrate for non payment of wages etc otherwise you have to explain delay. If you covered under definition of workman then recover wages under that Act, if you are not able to recover under the earlier method suggested.
22nd February 2015 From India, New Delhi
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™