I joined XY Co on Z date. I am still on probation. I am suffering from dengue. So I want to quit. I can't serve the notice period which is 1 month. Doctor asked me to move into quarantine. I had signed a bond in this co. I don't have anyone to take care of me so I am moving to my home town. I am a fresher. I am ready to pay dues but I fear legal action. Worked in the country for just 5 months. Please help. How should I avoid consequences

From India, Pune
Gopinath Varahamurthi
Mindhour Partner, Ass.professor/adm. Officer,
Cite Contribution
Community Manager
Consultant In Legal Matters
Hr & Admin Manager
+1 Other

Dear Friend,
Here there is no willful quitting from the job, it seems you have neither interested to quit but, want to put yourself in treatment for Dengue a dreaded disease by Mosquito. Produce all medical treatment documents to the Organisation and get yourself endorsed for leave either with payment or without payment also get your leave/absence regularized by the appropriate authority. Adhere to the procedure in vogue and they cannot initiate legal action for a proper treatment provided you take otherwise misinterpreting or misleading as dengue for your new job.
best wishes....

From India, Arcot
I echo Gopinath. Please send copies of the documents from your doctor to your HR Head . One month is least you would need to recover. You will need lot more to regain your strength . Write it to the HR Head , that under these circumstances , your will remain absent from the office for an indefinite period. Hence, request for an exit , to end your employment with them.
In case they can relieve you, you can't even offer any guarantee by when you would be able to rejoin work. Hence as professional you would want to close it with this declaration.
Ask for a closure letter declaring the end of your employment with them.
Above all , please take care and get well soon!

From India, Mumbai
You said you are still on Probation period. During this period, you are always liable to be terminated without assigning any reason or notice or pay in lieu of notice. Only on successful completion of probation period, a notice period is to be given by either party for termination of service. I would suggest you to please submit your resignation with immediate effect on Medical Grounds with supporting Medical documents attached. No action can be taken against you. Trust me on that.
From India, Mumbai
Don't abscond.Submit proper leave application supported by doctor's Rx,diagnostic reports ,medical certificate, preferably by email/Red.Post .......narrate that you need to shift to ......address....... and shall move by dated.........
Let them terminate......
Show the bond and all Docs to an able lawyer now....

From India, Chandigarh
No need to abscond because of medical ground of suffering from dengue. Since you have signed bond, your employer may not let you do golden hand shake so easily. Accordingly serve him as per terms for some time and then negotiate with employer although under sections 73 and 74 of the Contract Act, only reasonable amount proportionate to expenditure incurred by employer upon you only can be recovered by him.
Your leave due to dengue cannot be refused by employer.

From India, New Delhi
If you are ready to pay the dues, the Company cannot take legal action. There will be some terms in your bond which you will need to abide by. You have not indicated these in your message viz - what is the duration of the bond, what is the amount that needs to be paid if the fresher does not serve the full period of the bond etc. Your appointment / offer letter will have the notice period. Some companies do have a minimum period of notice for employees on probation, while some don't. Check these terms too. You seem to be ready to pay all the dues which should not therefore be a concern.

As others have advised, if you have all the treatment prescriptions, hospital bills, discharge certificate etc, please meet the HR Head (or send your parents to speak to him/her since you are ill and cannot go personally) to discuss how this can be resolved amicably. They may offer you leave on medical grounds and you can re-join once you are well. However if the training period is long (again, dependent on the terms of your bond), you may miss out a lot of training, in which case they may not be able to offer you leave, and you may be advised to resign, pay the dues (which could possibly be negotiated based on the genuinity of your case) and then apply again at a later date once you are fully recovered.

From India, Mangalore

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server