Assistant Engineer, Indian Telephone Industries,
Maulik Dave
Hr Professional
+2 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Transfer of EPF contribution from former Employer.
One of my near relative's son worked from October 2013 to April 2014 in an IT firm and thereafter joined another IT firm in May 2014 where he is working now.
He had not collected his EPF A/C No. from previous employer but he likes to have his Accumulated PF amount now transfered to existing A/c.How can he proceed
in the matter?
He entered into an Agreement to serve for a minimum of ! year in the previous Co. to bear the cost of training.Will it hamper transfer of EPF amount any way?

From India, Kolkata
@ Sudhirde,
Good Evening.....!!!!!!
EPF is Social Security benefit scheme designed by Government to ensure compulsory investment to the employees. So, By default its right of an employee to get the benefit & its a duty of employer to pay him.
If your relative's son wants to transfer EPF A/C to existing account that can be done through Form No. 13. It has to be submitted to PF department with sign of both the employers. If his previous employer denies to sign then you can get it signed from any govt. Gazetted officer.
So, It clarifies that Agreement or Bond will not effect the transfer of EPF amount Any way.
Now-days, the facility is available of online transfer as well. But for this both the employer should be having digital signature registered on EPF Portals.
Hope, doubts cleared.
All the best

From India, Ahmedabad
Dear friends, Form 13 has to be submitted to the new Regional PF Commissioner’s Office through the present employer. Abbas.P.S
From India, Bangalore
The funds in PF a/c are not in control of employer if PF a/c is maintained with EPFO.
In case of PD transfer transfer employer is not involved.
He may submit PF forms to current employer.
Moreover declinature to attest PF forms is an offence and complaint can be filed thru RPFC in nearest PF office , of course under proper acknowledgment.
An able labor law consultant/Service matters lawyer/Law firm after examining the service agreement may opine that the Agreement is unconscianable, unreasonable, unenforceable, illegal,void.......

From India, Chandigarh
sir im working govt. last 21 year temprrery driver my selery 6460 besic+2000 GP+DA=total rs.about 15000 but not my epf account open in my office site
From India, undefined
Thanks for all the information and Clarification in the matter.I am really indebted to all the fellow members who have replied enthusiastically and energetically.I hope it will clear the matter to the concerned employee.I am sending the repliies to him for further action.
From India, Kolkata
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™