Human Resource
Area Manager - Personnel
Assistant Engineer, Indian Telephone Industries,
Hr Consultant
Asst Manager Hr & Admin
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear Members,
I left my previous company in August 2010. At that time I had
a PF account and the company and myself regularly contributed to it.
The PF A/c office is in some part of Delhi (south ?). After leaving the
company I formed a startup (two members total) in the form of an LLP.
During this whole time till now, I could not do anything regarding the
PF account.
Now what are my options ? Can I withdraw this amount for use in
the LLP ? Look for your guidance.

From India, Bangalore
Dear BJRJ, As you are not in EPF now and your account is inoperative for more than 4 years, it is advisable to withdraw the amount in PF. Abbas.P.S
From India, Bangalore
Thanks Abbas,
Actually I am based in Bangalore and it appears that the concerned PF
office is in New Delhi. I remember somebody saying that the New Delhi
PF office is flooded with PF related matters. Any idea what could be
an approximate time frame for withdrawal ? Do I need to correspond
directly with that office ?

From India, Bangalore
Dear Abbas Sir,
I worked with one company for almost 6 months almost 10 years back there head office is located in PUNE, have not recieved my PF from them, i followed up with them and filled the form related to withdrawal of PF amount they answered that it is already disbursed in the account mentioned while filling the form, but when i checked my statemen ti found that the two cheques which were sent for setteling rhe PF amount were bounced and after that i was not able to followup with them, can i get my PF amount now from them.

From India, Gurgaon
Hello Bjrj,
Your account would have become inactive (since it's non-operational for over 3 years) which you can verify online by opening your account.
However, you can always apply for withdrawal through your previous employer by filling form 19 & 10C.

Irrespective of the issues faced by the PF Offices, they are bound to settle your claim within 30 days (Last December, the Official from the Central PF Board had very proudly claimed to have settled 90% of the withdrawal cases within 15 days). However, you need to ensure that all the details furnished in your claim forms (especially the dates, names & bank details) are correct with proper signature/s by yourself and your previous organization's authorized personnel before submission. Do not forget to write your mobile number on the form, submit cancelled cheque, form 3A (by your employer) and also ask for the acknowledgement for the submission so that you can track the status online. Generally, complete claim forms take about 15-20 days for settlement. Good Luck.

Cheers, AB

From India, Mumbai
According to my knowledge you better withdraw the amount through 19 & 10C form. If there is a issue with employer not ready to sign the form then you have to take signature of bank manager or govt. official and submit the form with an application stating that your employer is not ready to settle the claim and sent to pf office .... but in case if your o/s balance or any other loan amount is existing with company then their will be a problem.

From India, Mumbai
Dear Mr.Abbas,
Step 1 : You have to write Letter to PF Office - Reason for unclaim
Step 2 : Along with Letter you have to Submit Withdrawal Form 19 & 10 C
Step 3 : All the above mentioned documentes you have forwared to Previous employer through Register Post.

From India, Madras
Dear members,
I am still stuck in resolving the pf withdrawal issue.
Earlier in this thread I was advised to use the form 19 and
form 10c.
I registered at the EPFO website and applied for
creating the UAN. I am now 54 and had 11 years of
service in the previous organisation. As I started
navigating the epfo websites it is becoming very
confusing. It seems in my case I am not allowed to
withdraw PF but I have to opt for some kind of
pension. Is this correct ?
Also, I could not find an online submission where
I can initiate this withdrawal. Do I necessarily
have to go through my previous employer ?
As my PF a/c is in Delhi South (and I am in
Bangalore), do I have to send the application to PF
office there ?
Please advise

From India, Bangalore
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™