Rajat Joshi
Hr Consulting ,trainer -creative Thinking
Senior Hr Executive

Hi Everyone, We are facing a serious issue in our company. One of our employee has taken salary advance and after a week he is absconding. His no. is NR. We called to his alternate no. (his uncle's) as mentioned in companies record, he said he is unaware of his current location since 1 year his has not came to home. We have his voter ID card as Govt. Id proof. My query is should we go legal to catch him. And what can we do avoid this situation i,e make a bond/ agreement or something else? Waiting for your suggestions.
From India, Bangalore
Hi Amritaa1,

Understand your problem.

Please address the following :-

A. Since when is he absconding ? - If recently - please lodge FIR for the missing person with the Police Station or he may have met with some unfortunate accident. Please send communication to his family in writing that he is missing from his workplace since such date.

B. Does he fall in workman category ? I assume from the fact that he has taken salary advance which is a privilege of workers. Then in this case bring this issue with the Union leaders and members.Request them to co-operate with you. After fifteen days if there is no news from him - as per his contractual obligation there is a clause whereby one can terminate the services for abandonment of services. Deduct his salary advance from the salary & entitlements in F&F statement which i guess will cover the loss amount.

If you wish to protect the company's interests in future - salary advance/loans being given to workmen only after he furnished two guarantors ( his colleagues) with a clause - if he leaves/absconds - the guarantors would pay back the company.

Best Regards,


From India, Pune
Hi Rajat, Thanks for your response. This absconding employee works as an office boy in our company. Today we came to know that he has some dues left with the stores & food stalls nearby..... Guide me.. what to do next?
From India, Bangalore
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™