i think depends on what type of rewards move employee referrals.(remember MAslows Theory).
1 There may be some who may be rewarded by some percentage say,5% of first salary of employer(at least u save 5% extra paid by outsorcing the same ).
2 And also u can add some points at the end of year to emp who has given referred to new recruit,by measruring new recruits perfor,ance on overall yealy basis i.e to say fixation of soem percentage depending upon percentage of performance to the performance of emps performance (who has referedd).I have seen 1st method but 2nd one i have think would be used when going extensively for internal, referral;s ,but along with point no1.
15th October 2007 From India, Jalandhar
1) cash prize
2) Special Offers like if you refer 4 people then you get a DVD player with the cash Prize. Then 6 people you get an i-Pod and so on and so forth
3) Besides this you need to sell the concept of friends at workplace.
4) Call their friends to see the facility.
5) When they come give them the referral form ask them to give more names so that you increase on your database as well.
From the Marketing perspective:
1) Send teasers first. keep them wondering. build hype
2) launch the scheme
3) put it up on desktops, Notice boards, TFTs (plasma TV), go on the floor or wherever the employees' sit and tell them, send mailers, posters, etc
4) when someone wins the Cash prize take their pics and send them to all the employees. That way they will know they are being recognised for their contribution
17th October 2007 From India, Mumbai