Asso.prof.(commerce & Management)
Apex Management
Labour Laws Consultants
[email protected]
Sr Manager Hr & Administration
[email protected]
Hr Executive
Prince Majeli
Hr Executive
Rupesh Kumar Mehta
Hr Free Lancer
+4 Others

My Employer has shut down its operation in India. I tried to contact PF Officer regarding withdrawal, but they asked me to come through employer.
I have no idea how to withdraw my provident fund.

From United Kingdom, London
Dear Saurabh,
You have not given any other information like
1. In which company you have worked, under which PF office is located
2. How many years u have worked in this organization
3. When you have left the organization
4. Whether do have any proof of PF Document like PF No/Establishment code
If you have clear on the above you can download the form no 10 form No 19 from the EPF website can fill the form get the signature from the Bank manager where you are maintain Savings bank account.
After getting the signature if you left the job 3 years back you have to get the affidavit from the local notary send or handover to the your EPF office and get acknowledgement after 60 days they will process your application and credited to your bank a/c
Hope you have clarified if not please contact me

From India, Hyderabad
Dear Saurabh,
The claim should preferably be attested by the employer under whom the member was last employed. If for any reason, the claimant is unable to get the application attest by his ex-employer he may forward the claim to the Provident Fund Office duly clarifying the position after getting attested by any of the following authorized officials:
1. Manager of the bank where are the member is holding an account
2. Head of education Institution.
3. A gazetted Officer
4. Sub-Post Master
5. The Magistrate
6. Chairman/Secretary/Panchayat/Member of Municipal District/Local Board
7. Self 'In case no one is avail to sign and forward to your regional PF Office by Register A.D.
Jayesh Patel

From India, Mumbai
You can also get your Form-19 & 10C signed from any MLA/MP with an enclosed certificate,from him/her, where it shall be written that, the concern MLA/MP knows you since so many years.
From India, Calcutta
You may submit attested PF withdrawal forms with covering letter explaining that the establishment has been closed thru RPFC in nearest PF office under proper acknowledgement.
It is always better to transfer the PF and keep the a/c regular and be eligible for many benefits including pension..

From India, Chandigarh
Dear Saurabh,
Friends have provided you adequate guidance that should suffice. However it's important to quote correctly the Employer's code and your EPF A/c. in the Forms you are submitting either for withdrawal or for transfer to your current EPF/employment if you are employed in India presently (your member ID mentioned you are from UK). Gather all documents connected with your EPF A/c., either your Member's EPF A/c.statement supposed to have been issued every year, Any correspondences reg. EPF etc. You have not mentioned how long you served in this Co. and from when you started contributing to your EPF A/c. If possible catch hold of your erstwhile colleagues who would have similar problems and got (yet to be) settled like you, take their help as well. It's nothing impossible or unsolvable mystery. Probably it may take some more weeks to fall in line to submit the forms with relevant details/certification, provided you are in India.

From India, Bangalore
One small but very important update - even if account is not regular but membership is existing in that case in any circumstances if member dies, his/her family is eligible to get life long pension on monthly basis.
so always better to continue or retain the account ...it's for the security & welfare of family..

From India, Ahmedabad
Dear Saurabh,
No employer can refuse to sign withdrawal (10C/19B) or transfer (13) forms of any employee and it is punishable offense under EPF & MP Act.
You can file your application complete in all respect directly to the RPFC along with a letter mentioning clearly therein that your employer refuses to sign. The RPFC will get the signatures of the employer concerned through their respective inspectorate if the establishment is operational.
Getting the signatures from other officials or bank are required when the establishment is closed.
P K Sharma

From India, Delhi
Thank you all dear friends for your valuable suggestion, I have worked with this company from April 2009 until May 2011. Currently I am not working in India. I am working abroad. Thank you all for prompt responses.Appreciate it. I got the required information and will try to withdraw the PF using above information.

From United Kingdom, London
Hi Saurav, I had a same scenario, you can enquire with the pf office and you can fill the forms. That will automatically credited without your employer support.
From India, Chennai

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™